PDA

View Full Version : PIN sun, tues, wed.

sharkbait
20-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Well after getting reasonably well lost on sunday night "I know where Jacobs Well is I just don't know how to get there" we decided to do a self imposed night navigation course at the pin. It seems we turned up whalleys gutter instead of going straight through to the Jacobs Well channel but bygones are bygones right. Subsequently I'm absolutley confident down there at night now after coming back at low tide last night, without coming off the plane between Crusoe Island and Jacobs Well. We got a couple of fish as well, some nice bream to 33cm around the pigstys and a couple of choppers on sunday night near crusoe Island. Noticed another ausfisher stationary in the channel 500m from Jacobs Well on tues arvo about 3.45pm, turned around to say hello but he was off again. Boat was a nice little white side or centre console with the ausfish sticker up near the bow. (didnt get a real good look). Might make it to the meet n greet at currigee on the friday night, looking forward to it.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-06-2003, 04:39 AM
twas me sharkbait unrigging the rods before hitting the ramp - was a bit hard to wave with muh bum up, #bait jig in one hand, rod in the other & line between my teeth while some mad bastard was screaming towards me in a 14ft tinnie lol #;)

Brilliant day on the water Tuesday - just magic. Tailor were a little scarce, the bronzies didn't miss me & I had some fun & luck on plastics for flathead near swanbay. Hooked a 2 foot long tom on one which tail danced for at least 20m before he set me free.

might see you at currigee,
I'll only be dropping in Sat arvo though - I work sat & will be on the beach that night
chris

sharkbait
21-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Yes I did come a bit close didnt I... sorry about that lol.
Going back down tonight to try for a jewie on the late high tide, havent got one yet this season. A mate got a 19kg beauty last friday night in the logan at a very well known spot and 11kg the week before. Hope those tailor start showing up for ya soon. If I get to currigee I'll be leaving early sat to work in the arvo.

sharkbait
21-06-2003, 10:21 AM
sounds like fun on the softies too...