PDA

View Full Version : hastings - black rock

sharkbait
12-07-2003, 05:20 PM
G'day all, been down at pottsville for two days, and the tailor were thick on thursday 10/7 at hastings point. got four in half an hour all over 50cm, best one just nudged 5 pounds. All caught on 15/25 gram lazers on 6kg, lost another 4 due to some spectacular aerobatics. Also some nice whiting at black rock and the entrance at pottsville. Have photos being developed, will try and post later in the week. have a good weekend...

SteveCan
13-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Those are good Tailor mate, good to hear they are around. I will have to hit the rocks at Burleigh for a go. Get the photo's up.

Cheeras
Steve.

Smellyfish
13-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Well done on the taylor mate, i am yet to have a decent catch this season. Does anyone know if the gutters down at Palm Beach (4th, 5th Av) or Narrow Neck are producing anything ?

Cheers
Matt

sharkbait
13-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Smelly - I havnt ever fished the goldy beaches but i'm sure someone on here will give you the good oil. I have never seen a tailor bite like the one at hastings on thurs, it was crazy. I was on the southern fringe of the rocks fishing for bream and whiting when the school moved in, there were just thousands of them, all quality fish in water maybe 3 or 4 ft deep. I talked to some meatmongers who had 40 between the 2 of them fishing with bait. Bring on a full ban of tailor netting in qld I say, apparently the quality has just kept on improving since the ban in new south.

scroman
14-07-2003, 05:20 AM
G'day Sharkbait!
Sounds like a top session. Can you give just a couple more details i.e time of day and time of tide??
A good tailor session has been my nemises for years, now that i live about twenty minutes from black rocks i always by pass it because of the cars - not a very sociable person i know - but gotta admit love the isolation of a beautiful beach!!
Any further hints would be fantastic - gotta agree with you - since the introduction of stiffer restrictions on netting and bait gathering the change has been amazing - good on ya fisheries and all you fishos that support it ;)
thanks Sharkbait - hope you had a great two days in a top part of the world ;D ;D

sharkbait
16-07-2003, 11:59 AM
scroman - The fish were on at about 4pm and there were stragglers till dark, with the top of the tide at 5pm thereabouts. I dont think the tide or time of day played any part in it, the fish just followed the bait in. You could see them coming from miles away with an entourage of birds, I was just hoping they'd come in and for once they did. I think everyone down there nailed a feed. still waiting on photos. Assume you live 20mins from wooyung black rocks? you lucky bugger!