PDA

View Full Version : Peel on EKKA Wednesday

aquarius
14-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Hello Ausfishers...What a glorious day to be on the water.

5 to 10 N/W Wind and 28 degress..does it get any better?
Fished south Peel in about 7 metres of water...found a nice pinnacle....caught some big yakka's and yes out went the big reel baited up with a livey.....after about 2 hours the livey took off...something was close by and wanted that yakka for dinner....i lifted the rod and set the hook but whatever it was took me into the bottom structure...bang there goes the line...oh well it was fun while it lasted.
We caught 1 squire at 36cm and heaps of throw backs...had fun with bait jigs and 10gram raiders on moses perch and trevally...must have caught 30 all up.
moses perch all released but kept some of the trevally to use for bait.
Best bait today was half WA pillies and mullet flesh a close second...they weren't to keen on the fresh trevally strips.
Gee would'nt it be great if we could have every Wednesday off during the week.
Hope those who fished today had some fun because isn;t fishing just the best relaxing sport!!
Cheers Brent

rakinray
14-08-2003, 05:29 PM
G/day brent, as you said it was just a nice place to be, i was fishing s/w rocks on monday (my holiday)not many fish but i was wondering what the poor people were doing ;D.Might try harrys next sunday seems thats where the squire are hiding cheers ray

aquarius
14-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Yes Ray its great just being out on the water...a bonus if you catch a feed mate..good luck for the Harry's trip.
Cheers Brent :D

Fisherman02
15-08-2003, 03:17 PM
hey brent
yeh mate, i just had two days off, pity back to school tomorrow or i could have had a long weekend, a very long weekend
cheers jack

skippa
17-08-2003, 04:28 AM
G'Day Brent,

Sure was a great day on Wednesday, went out Tuesday for a fish around Peel with only little success. Had better results up the Rainbow and in the Rous. ;D

Was such a great day though, fish was just a bonus and your right......... what a way to spend a RELAXING day. :)

Unfortunatly Wednesday was spent driving kids to and from work, but it did give me time to fix my reel which saw the drag smokin' by a huge Flattie which was unfortunatly lost back to the Rous. I guess she was overdue for a service, what a way to learn a lesson, BUGGER. :(

Cheers,
Skippa 8)

bazzaman
19-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Gday Brent!!

Mate would have been good for those that get public hols off!!.....Yep i was workin!!....Nice place over at peel but all the times ive fished peel all its been good for is throw backs and more throwbacks!!....Even of a night over there!!...Tink its the most over rated spot in Brisbane close behind in second place is harrys!!....However its the day on the water!!

Might cya on the water soon at mooloolaba

Shane

aquarius
19-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Giday Shane...good to see ya on the chat boards mate...yep can't wait to join you on that Mooloolaba trip...lets pray for some great weather conditions!!
Cheers Brent :D