PDA

View Full Version : My First Bass!

SteveCan
20-08-2003, 03:55 PM
On the way home this afternoon - there I was standing on the bank of Robina Lake - still dressed in shirt and tie ::) flicking plastics towards some pylons. I didn't have much time, but I really wanted to hook one of those bass :P

I had a brown single tail grub and a 2g jighead, about 20 past six I felt a small nibble, paused - and then it was on! :o They can go hehe;D I was happy as a pig in the proverbial - my first Bass and my first Freshwater fish - may there be many more. Thanks to Spike2 again for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers
Steve :D

Cubesy
22-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Steve

Your acheivement deserves some recognition, after 44 reads and no replies, so let me be the first to say.......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cubesy

P.S. I wish I could stop for a fish on the way home from work.

SteveCan
22-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks Cubesy

I was beginning to think that nobody cared! :( :-/ :P

I did get excited, it was a buzz and I will be out there chasing them again soon! :D

Cheers
Steve.

Lucky_Phill
24-08-2003, 05:32 AM
OK,,, onya Steve.

Good pic tooo.

Phill

spike2
24-08-2003, 02:34 PM
well done steve got a good bream in the same spot last night ,will be on the broadwater early sunday if your about give me a call

cheers spike

Bluie
26-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Congrats what are the stats on it [smiley=laola.gif]

SteveCan
26-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Not sure Bluie - thought it was about 32 cm or so. I didn't really care - I was just stoked to hook up!

Cheers
Steve

urhookedfish
29-08-2003, 07:17 AM
Top Stuff Mate..

Your first of species is always the best cos I suppose your doubting if your good enough or doing the right things to catch one.

Ill be chasing same down my way when the bass get big enought to catch in my dam.

Goodluck and Hope they get continually bigger....

urhookedfish
29-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Just thought id add this pic was posted to the crew at another site and I hope Jack doesnt mind me putting it up here.

Cheers Brettster SA ;D ;D ;D