PDA

View Full Version : Manly Fathers' Day

Cubesy
08-09-2003, 09:43 AM
G'day all

Took the old man (72 years young) fishing at Manly/Lota today (my usual spot beside the boat harbour).

The final result was:

Dad: 3 undersize whiting
Cubesy: 1 undersize bream, 2 undersize whiting and 1 24cm whiting which Dad will have for dinner.

I also caught something that looked like a cross between a slug and a caterpillar, 6-7cm long and 2-3cm wide and covered in caterpillar like spines(it hooked itself on a size 6 bloodworm hook and I didnt not know it was there til I brought my bait in to check). Any thoughts?

Although we only came home with one fish it was a good morning spent with Dad. :) :)

Cheers

Cubesy

vertico
08-09-2003, 01:08 PM
dont touch em can hurt later!! :o

dont know what they are but i think they came in on some korean tanker ballast water, ive caught them before in the brisbane river!

btw they are good bait!
caught a very nice bream off one off the lytton rock wall
so when you get one just chuck the rod back in and wait :)

Big_Kev
08-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Thats a good way to spend fathers day Cubesy.
Sounds like you and your dad had a good time.
Cheers Kev.

spook
11-09-2003, 05:09 AM
Did the same with my old man, out off coochiemudlo, similar result all under sized, Moses perch, Bream, Whiting, Spangled Emperor(Escapee from Peel I suspect), Bar tailed Flathead. Nothing to take home though, but a lovely day just the same. It was worth it!

straddie
11-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I went the opposite way, took my five year fishing for the second time off the wall at wynnum where he caught his forth ever fish and first ever keeper that he could take home and eat. ;D

The grin on his face was the best fathers day present I could have got.