PDA

View Full Version : #deep tempest sat.

snappa
21-09-2003, 07:01 PM
opimax and snappa departed scarborough to deep tempest at 4.30 sharp. no streaker.
conditions across the bay and at tempest, was excellent all day ;D
fished hard for very little result.
"smerl" onboard "kelloggs" snared the only snappa.
my catch was a baby cobia and pearl perch #:D
photo of opimax in full flight. :o
lefted tempest :-X at 5.30pm and returned in the harbour at 6.30pm.
a great day with a ausfish member. ;D

snappa
21-09-2003, 07:22 PM
photo - smerl -snappa

snappa
21-09-2003, 07:24 PM
baby cobia

Lucky_Phill
22-09-2003, 06:51 AM
Well Boys you weren't alone. The picking's offshore Friday / Saturday were grim. from most reports, the bag limits were never in danger.

snappa
22-09-2003, 10:13 AM
lucky-phill
well thats good to hear as i like to catch fish when i take out new crew but saturday was just no going to be :(
Mal.( x- work mate ) from redcliffe coast guard was speaking to me at the ramp on our return and mention about a fisho that when out on friday at 3.00 pm and returned at 10.00pm with his bag limit of large snpper and others. >:(
ps
its a good practice to log onto the coast guard when going offshore, because i was late fishing hoping the fish came onto the bite late. my wife (one who must be obeyed) ;) rang the redcliffe coast guard and mal. was able to tell here that i had just got in contact with them and said i was just leaving the cape now. every ones happy :)

opimax
22-09-2003, 02:55 PM
giday all yeh peter a top day on the water ;D shame about the fish. ended up with 7 snapper & 2 pearlies which is a bit sad for 15 hours on water. well theres always next time. first trip with jrc ff50 sounder & a top unit. lee

snappa
22-09-2003, 05:20 PM
opimax
lee...that cobia was very good eating which surprised me as i have never eaten one before. just a little below a snapper for quality #:-X
is there any bag limit on cobia and can they be caught with lures. #???
are you interested in a trip during the week. ;D
great photo of your boat very impressive ... :D
what did you think about the spot we fished at first ;D
you now have a spot for livies they seem to be there all the time ::)
do you know what the weather was like today for offshore.... ???

bazzaman
22-09-2003, 05:40 PM
anymore questions and it would be a complete episode of sale of the century! ;D :D ;)

snappa
22-09-2003, 06:05 PM
bazzaman

knowledge is a wonderful thing ;D
i suggest you go and find "SOME" :-X

smerl
23-09-2003, 04:18 AM
Snappa,

Thanks for a top day on the water. Even though the fish were a bit scarce the weather was a treat. Loved the close up view of the whales this late in the season.

Anytime you are looking for a crew, give me a call. Always keen to head out in a top boat!

Cheers,

Smerl

dazza
24-09-2003, 04:41 PM
good on ya snappa for sharing your knowledge and spots
fishings a great thing that brings people together
well done guy's
have fun
dazza