PDA

View Full Version : Quite Day in Tassie

blaze
05-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi all
bit late getting away (6.00am, 2.5 hrs late, forgot to open eyes). Slipped across to the Petrol Islands hoping for a early snapper instead got a bit of a beatin for 1 red rock cod and 1 of those wiskery slimy cod and 1 gummy shark at 950mm. Pulled the pick and trawled for 4 parrot fish. Went chasing flatties and got 1 small squid over a bit of a weed bed. Had a rod snap about half way between the feral and the end eye sitting in the rocket launcher while bashing along, bloody thing musta had a crack in it, only thing I can put down to ( glad it did'nt cost me a fish). Home at 4.30, end the day we had a quite day on the fish but a enjoyable day on the water.
cheers
blaze

jaybee
05-10-2003, 04:43 PM
so what happened to the wind mate, i'll tell you what happened, its still bloody up here cause u sent it this way eh ;D. Glad to see you finally got out though :). I read a story not long ago about how rocket launchers stress rods ???, may be some truth in it eh, what do you reckon.
cheers
Joe.

blaze
05-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi Joe
Well I was going to go to bed early but, been sitting in the shed checking the broken rod (hollow glass) and i thing that by looking at the crack, about 60% of it is stained and the rest is a new brake, I think its been cracked for a while and if a fish had been caught on that one today it was history anyway. Dont Know what happened to the other bit though, not in the boat so i guess its somewhere in the deep blue. I thing I will try and make the rods fit firmer in the laucher anyway
cheers
blaze

jaybee
06-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Blaze wish i could put my hand on the story, but it all took into consideration the height and length of boat, and using foam in the tubes and not having them rigged up while travelling, guess it makes sense in the long run, but then even tho i have launchers i don't use them while i am travelling, only put the rods up there i am not using while fishing
cheers
joe

blaze
06-10-2003, 01:55 PM
hi joe
Iam considering doing the same if it is a little rough, hard to find a place to put outa harms way in my little rig
cheers
blaze