PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba River - 2nd November

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Woke up at 6am by a phone call from Vertico, who was waiting at the front door for me to get up.. for some reason i thought he was coming in the arvo.. i was wrong.. heh, so i rushed around like a headless chook and got the boat ready in 15mins, we then ventured straight to the Mooloolaba River and launched the boat.. with millions of other boaties on the water it was bound to be hectic aswell as quiet for fishing.. we headed straight to the trawlers to get the first couple of fish, i scored a nice 35cm Breambo and he was gonna be dinner that night so i threw him in the live well, then it got quiet with only a few touches and bumps but no hookups, so we decided to move towards the canals and nearly get whiped out by a ignorant Yachty who decided to push his way though the crowd of boats.. anyways, after fishing the canals for hour and a half and no bites we ventured up the river to the natural areas.. Vertico scored himself a nice little flatty on a dropshot around the first island so we ventured back up river and drifted back.. using the leccy to keep the boat turned around the right way.. he scored himself a few more small flattys and a toadfish that demolished his plastic.. at around 2:30 we decided to grab some lunch from the Wharf and then fished around the trawlers, we saw 2 guys fishing with lures around the trawlers and one of them turned out to be Adrian Ward.. the guy who got the 29kg Jewie at Mallacoota on 2" Atomic so we fished with them sorta for a while and had a lil bit of a yarn and Vertico Scored himself a nice lil breambo during that time then i got a small 25cm breambo.. after Adrian headed off we decided to fish a bit longer and at around Dark Vertico got a decent sized pike.. at around 7ish i scored a 32cm breambo and it went back in the drink, after a long hard quiet day with slim pickings.. the fish didnt want to play

Tim

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:22 PM

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:23 PM

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:23 PM

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:26 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/tinyflatty.jpg

Zeeke
04-11-2003, 12:26 PM