PDA

View Full Version : Coochie!!

fullysik
20-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Hiya peeps, fished Coochie on Sat and caught Shovelnose, Squire, Sweetlip, Tarwhine and Bream, I was fishing from the Northeast corner in around the 3 metre mark, as soon as the bait hit the water the fish just went off and nailed it. Unfortunately none of them were keepers, but hey, better to catch a fish than to get nothing. I was using mullet fillets and octopus, the mullet fillets far outfished the octopus and I was fishing from around 5am to 8am.
cheers.....Dave!!!!

CHRIS_aka_GWH
20-11-2003, 01:16 PM
... fished Coochie on Sat and caught Shovelnose, ...
Unfortunately none of them were keepers ...

Hey Dave,

what about the rough-skinned flathead - always good to chew.
;D

I gather you didn't see any macs working then?

chris

skippa
20-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Chris,

Fished around Peel, SWR's and Holeinthewall Monday morning. Plenty of surface action early on, but spooky as all hell. Only lasted on the surface for a minute or two at the most. Threw a few small slugs to no avail.

Oh well, back to bottom bashing. A great day out on the water all the same. :)

Cheers,
Tony 8)

DaneCross
20-11-2003, 03:55 PM
We fished the Rous the weekend before last and came back via Peel, found those very-easily-spooked schools. We chased them for about an hour. We were fortunate enough to be drifting with motor turned off when a school popped up within casting distance - turns out they were chopper tailor. Only managed to get 2 on deck and drop 3 before the school took off again.
DC