PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY 14th ... fish

snappa
15-05-2004, 02:31 PM
ZERO
Hi

Fish today was something of a miss, one small snappa that I should have returned [legal of course] but the darn thing swallowed the hook. The morning conditions were excellent arrived at he bait grounds to find the sounder showing masses of fish and I quickly fill the bucket with slimies and yakkas. Snappa [or any thing for that matter] didn’t play the game. Again had the ocean to myself. The conditions got worst as the day went on to around 15kts s/sw blowing up the side of the island. White caps every where.

Any way the day was a more of a test for the new hydraulic steering and I must say fu**** fantastic for the past 10 years I was going to put it on but never got around to it, maybe because of the price. If any one is thinking about it, all I can say is “DO IT”
It has complety changed the handling of the boat, not to mention the ease that I can steer the thing without having to apply my foot to the steering. Just like driving a Mack truck on water ????

All the new bits worked ok and had no problems so “Kellogg’s” is ready for winter

Bring on the SNAPPA

DaneCross
15-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Good to hear the new gear all worked well and you're not stranded somewhere off the cape wrestling with a busted steering setup.
Unlucky on the fish front, I'm used to seeing pics of nice big reefies in your reports...
DC

620sf
15-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Bad luck pete, we have struck out there a few times lately so we're going to give the barwons ago sunday, fingers crossed.

luke

peewee
15-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Bad news Snappa,eh (atleast about the lack of snapper). Thought that this cold snap would already have stirred up the better snapper. :o Anyway,plenty of winter yet to come ::). Maybe Cal Wide is still the better option tomorrow (Saturday). ? :-/
Guess ya' haven't checked if some past enemy or cranky neighbour snuck a banana onboard while you weren't looking? [smiley=uhoh.gif] [smiley=evilgrin.gif] [smiley=curtain.gif]

Sportfish_5
15-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Pete - kept an eye out while out today but didn't see you. Lots of Cats at Hutchies today !

Made a late start this morning, on the water @ 7:30am #>:(
Trip over the bay was nice and flat then started to freshen up once past Combie. Couldn't get away from the vermin at Hutchies so headed up to Shallow Tempest. Not much happening there - tonne of livies so stocked up while I could. Couple of smallish squire and two good hits on live bait but both broke off. Decided to head back up to the St Paul. Wind finally went away around 4:00pm and current stopped. Landed two nice size squire and 4 pearlies. Guys in a boat with "No Name" fishing next to me landed a nice Cobia as well.

Glassed out nicely for a Night run back to Bribie #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]