PDA

View Full Version : ROUSE-MUD-WELLO

aquarius
16-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Howdy Folks.......myself and 2 mates left Manly boat ramp at 5-30am headed for the rouse wall........a 10 knot s/w at our backs and the sea a little choppy we arrived at the rouse wall 30 minutes latter.......i trolled some lures part way through the channel hoping a pelagic may latch on but it wasn't to be.
Hardly saw any surface activety today.
As the sun rose i hooked up to a 40 cm baby snapper and from then on it was Bloody Grinners galore!!!.......I read Lucky Phills post about not throwing them back but hey how many can you put in ya boat..lol.
Things went quiet mid morning so it was off to the eastern side of Mud to try our luck.......MORE GRINNERS and nursery snapper.
What a brilliant day to be out on the water maybe to good i reckon.........Next stop was our favourite Wello a 20 minute boat ride away from Mud.
Nothing there today so back to the Manly boat harbour by 3-30pm......Gee if only those grinners tasted like snapper..lol
Oh well it was top boating conditions today and just great to be out on the water with ya mates.
Cheers Brent :) ;) :D

kabe
16-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Fished Wellington Point tonight (huybers) for 1 shark. Put the boat in about 5.15 and fished till about 8.30pm.
Ramp talk a few got into some Morwong early in the evening out the front of the point.
Guess I was in the wrong palce again.

vertico
16-05-2004, 07:42 PM
kabe , lign up huybers and the leads and sound in a direct line there is 2 gutters
1 deep 1 shallow
float big bait down on some good bottom