PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report/Grissel.

Cloud_9
20-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Hay fellers.
been thinking about this all week and this is the first time i've managed to get on here to have a say since my post on sunday.
It still amazes me that there is still a few people how for what ever reason don't know or don't care about the bag limits on spotie mackeral.
While i was at mermaid reef sunday and back at the ramp talking to people about the catch of the day .
spoke to 2 guys on the reef and couple at ramp, all had no idea of bag limits.
1 guy on reef had 15 spots in boat and still catching more another couple of fellers just got ther when i was leaveing ( because id bagged out ) they didn't know how many you could keep.
i know i caught 6 but i stoped fishing for them when i realized that i was over my bag, and moved on cos its pretty hard to put back a gaffed mackeral.
but the feller with 15 on board he was 5 over the limit ( 2 in boat ) and knew how many he had in the boat, so he ether didn't know or care about limit . the cops where out ther in force checking safty gear but no fisherys the check catches when the macks are on the chew.
i gave my execess fish to someone who had crap day so as not to return with too many .But mistakin count on my part while no excuse i did stop fishing for these critters.
while others fished happily knowing the fish count .still needs to be more education from fisherings on the mackeral limits.

well no that i've had a whinge can start thinking of something that more important now!

LIKE THE WAIT FOR MY NEW CAR. ;D

Cheers Cloud 9

jeffo
20-05-2004, 02:39 AM
yeah jamie it sad... will the minority ruin it for the rest of us? only time will tell i spose. did you give them a mouth full or let them know about the BL? i know if i see someone doing the wrong thing i let them know (nicely) that they are breaking the law and warn them of the fines... if they continue to do the wrong thing i will voice my opinion once again ;D

Jeremy
20-05-2004, 05:53 AM
You can always try calling the fishwatch hotlie. Might be a slow response, but if they get enough calls about the same thing, it might eventually get a response.

Jeremy

Cloud_9
20-05-2004, 02:20 PM
yep will have to be the weekend after this 1, new car to sign for saturday and boat show sunday. i can look at the fish in the water instead. ;)

philip_thomson
20-05-2004, 04:20 PM
hey
what type of car are you getting? i recently bought my first car a 1991 model nissan NXR :-). anyway about the bag limits and sizes. i have always gotten angry when i see people with undersixe or to many fish. they ruin it for the rest of us. alot of the time it is just ignorance that they want to keep them. i agree that the fisheries should be out there checking fish sizes and bag limits. i hear the fines can be very big for undersize reefies and im sure it would be the same for bag limits.
cheers philip