PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Offshore Tuesday Nite

jimbob
21-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Ventured out to north reef tuesday night with a friend in his savage caught a few spapery-squire parrot a couple of thumper sweetlip but the catch of the day was put down because of my eager skipper we were sitting there just on dusk and all rods bent over at once 2x rods were 10kg cobia the other had a cobia estimated to be around 30kg after 25-30 mins battle it came to the side of the boat eager skipper went for an early gaff shot missed cobia s#*ts its self & decides to go under the boat snapping line & tip off favourite rod >:( ??? :'( not happy didnt talk to best mate & skipper for a while but all in all had pretty good trip with a feed of fish and a good excuse to spend some money on a new rod.

Hagar
23-05-2004, 05:51 AM
G'day Jimbob
Yeah you have gotta hate that over eager gaff shot huh. Lost the best spanish I have hooked to date when the deckie fluffed the gaff shot and it spat the hooks. Good effort to get a cobe that big to the boat in that space of time . Took an hour to get my 36 kg cobia to the boat and when I gaffed it I was too buggered to drag it in over the side of the boat . Had to take five to get some energy back and drag it in .

Chris