PDA

View Full Version : Live Baiting Locals

Maria
30-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Hit the same spot as yesterday this afternoon. Cast netted some mullet for about an hour before hand, and with the tide running in quite quickly, set out a livie 55cm beneath a float. Wasn't long before the drag went-a-screamin and a few moments later, had a nice dudksy flathead in the bag.

Another livie went out and after quite some waiting, the elusive estuary cod I've been chasing was on the hook. Fe minutes passed, and she was safely in hand - at least that's what I thought. Me the dumbass, whilst trying to take the hook out, dropped the fish. SPEWING! Estimated to be around 35-40cm.

Livey action went downhill from there, so out came the strips of mullet and the bream bites came on hard around 1700. Managed two hookups in the last 15 minutes before sundown, but again, unbelievably lost both of them at the bucket too.

Quite enjoyable afternoon's fishing, but not a good afternoon luck wise. Ah well..that's why we go fishing. ;D

Ben

MTpockets
30-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Bad luck Ben. Sounds like ya just landed on top of em mate. Pity about the Cod, ya think someone is trying to send ya message??? ***It's not your time yet, Grasshopper !!***

cHiCo
30-05-2004, 03:10 PM
sounds like a decent session bem. pity about the lost fish. couple of months back fishing i landed a cod on the jetty when i took the hook out the hook fell off the line. thats luck for ya. liam was there aswell ahhahahahahaha did i cop it about my knots.

northsboy
30-05-2004, 03:39 PM
LMAO CHICO!! HAHHAHAHAA Now i tie the knots for everyone LOL!......Sounds like a great arvy ay ben! Hows ya hand pulled up after the cast-netting mate??
Cheers

bidkev
30-05-2004, 04:18 PM
<snip>
Another livie went out and after quite some waiting, the elusive estuary cod I've been chasing was on the hook. Fe minutes passed, and she was safely in hand - at least that's what I thought. Me the dumbass, whilst trying to take the hook out, dropped the fish. SPEWING! Estimated to be around 35-40cm.

Ben

Didn't know you were a catch and release man Ben ;-)

Unlucky mate.

cheers

kev

Maria
30-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah my hand's ####in aching like a demon now - ####kin inbelievable. Been on the piss all night and it's still hurting. Back to the doctor next week I think.

Lol, I'll award you a good call there Kev.

Ben

bidkev
31-05-2004, 05:12 AM
Yeah my hand's ####in aching like a demon now - ####kin inbelievable. Been on the piss all night and it's still hurting. Back to the doctor next week I think.

Lol, I'll award you a good call there Kev.

Ben

Broke my rt hand once........ the big arsole tripped coming at me and I hit the "Last Orders" bell. Don't know what made the most noise, me or the bell........didn't collect glasses for a while though but at least Mr Dutch Courage never got up (cracked his head on a bar stool)... Had to share an ambulance with the ########:-)

Nowadays, it still gives me gyp just before a change in barometric pressure......more reliable then the met boys :-)

Look after it mate.... wankin' spanners come in handy for more important jobs such as chuckin' cast nets ;-)

cheers

kev

Dylan_Rylatt
31-05-2004, 01:32 PM
sounds like a a bit of fun ben hopefully lookin forwar to seeing yah on the wave ryder with rob in the next week or soo...

more piss helps pain and despair mate

Dylan