PDA

View Full Version : Pine River on Wed 02062994

Dundee4me
03-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Well launched at Deep Water Bend ducked up to the Houghton Hwy and fished till the Turn at 830 ish then thought i would look for some cockle banks of Brighton, NO LUCK HERE EITHER. Thought i would try the bridge again...plenty of prawns or bait fish on the sounder but nothing on the hook....Berleyd with pillies used squid for bait.... Off to the Hwy bridge near the ramp fished for about 2 hrs plenty of hits but no takers...Plenty of prawns on the sounder but no Fissh!!!!! Oh well maybe next time.. ;D

bidkev
03-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Well launched at Deep Water Bend ducked up to the Houghton Hwy and fished till the Turn at 830 ish then thought i would look for some cockle banks of Brighton, NO LUCK HERE EITHER. Thought i would try the bridge again...plenty of prawns or bait fish on the sounder but nothing on the hook....Berleyd with pillies used squid for bait.... Off to the Hwy bridge near the ramp fished for about 2 hrs plenty of hits but no takers...Plenty of prawns on the sounder but no Fissh!!!!! Oh well maybe next time.. ;D

No catfish????? I must've caught all the buggers. :-)

kev

Hookem_Herby
04-06-2004, 06:15 AM
....Berleyd with pillies used squid for bait....

Would be interested to know how many other guys berley with a different bait to what they are actually fishing with (excluding the old frozen burley mix of leftovers down below).
I tend to only use cubed pilchards as berley only when I'm using the same bait .... would love to know other fishos opinions on this.

Bad luck Dundee, better luck next time mate! ;)

Herby

mackmauler
04-06-2004, 06:24 AM
what sort of time machine are you running around in ;D

propdinger
04-06-2004, 12:24 PM
hope there is fish still around in year 2994

;D ;D ;D