PDA

View Full Version : PENETRATOR hooks miss SNAPPA

snappa
31-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Well after reading Mack mauler post that it would be blowy in the morning and the wind would drop out in the afternoon I decided on a late start. ;D
left Scarborough at 1 pm. collected some livies at the cape. bait every where. Conditions after rounding the cape was crapy to say the least 12/14 kts southerly and fairly lumpy :-/ and never looked liked dropping out... :o
so called it a day around 7.30 PM
Bay conditions were good for the return trip :D

Drifted shallow tempest for small squire and one large Mac tuna [berly for next trip] >:(
Decided to fish spot “x” hopefully for a large snappa. ::)
Well burrowed a couple of mustard pentrator hooks [told they are the best] well I think they are f****ing sh**** first drop and a hook up ;D large snappa because of the head shakes and THEN nothing WHAT THE FU*** gone ??? ???
penetrator hook straightened >:( >:(
next trip, maybe i will get it right. ;D

Check pic

Maria
31-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Lol Snappa....not fun mate, I imagine you wouldn't have been too impressed and may have just said a few naughty words.

Bit of an overkill on the emoticons? ;D

Keep at em mate.

Ben

firetruck
01-06-2004, 05:46 AM
Snappa, home pc shat itself on weekend so i couldn't check posts.

SeaHunt
01-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Get yourself some Gamakatsu Octopus Circles. I don't think you will straighten one of them. :)

mackmauler
01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
wind was light off straddy ;D the high hasnt come over like it showed still blown today :-/ was there much current at moreton? ill be chasn your snapper soon ;D ;D

snappa
01-06-2004, 01:23 PM
wind / current againt each other so the drift was west at times

i was wandering whether you fished for snappa ????

vertico
04-06-2004, 03:32 PM
bad luck snappa
i still think they are one of the best hooks sold at the moment
i run 3/0 4/0 and havent had one straighten yet
but probably havent latched onto any huge fish as yet

snappa
04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
thinking about going BACK to 7766 hooks again and start pulling some of these xos snappa onto "kelloggs" ;D
gary
flying to townsville this weekend to fish with a mate and when i get back start some serious fishing off the cape????
lee
fish west of spot "x" dont worry about what the bottom looks like :o

Cheech
04-06-2004, 04:23 PM
After that picture of Mrs Snappa a few months ago, was very interested to see what "Penetrator hooks Miss Snappa" might bring. Oh well. [smiley=gossip.gif]

snappa
04-06-2004, 04:58 PM
not allow to show MRS snappa again

snappa
04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
not allow to show MRS snappa again

no_worries
04-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi pete,townsville eh,i hope you catch plenty.
Yes i don't like those penetrator hooks myself,just use the tried and true big reds,hoodlum's or 7766's ,they never give any
trouble.
Yes it's getting about time to be serious about chasing big snapper again but not this weekend if the forecast is any thing to go by,cheers all no worries

snappa
06-06-2004, 10:02 AM
gary
when i get back we might do a late afternoon trip?????

during the week ;D
sorted out my draws ? and found a box of 7766 hooks :o

no_worries
06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
A box pete?
I think i still have about 2000 of the suckers,one day i'll get through them though.
No offshore this weekend though,bummer but i can feel a day off next week,cheers no worries

opimax
06-06-2004, 01:53 PM
good luck for the trip peter.
fished spotx that morning got pearly after pearly, not of any size but a few keepers, no snapper. it was rough & a penty of run. then the pro came & dropped his pick in the middle of my drift >:( >:(. anyway catch up on your return. lee

opimax
06-06-2004, 01:58 PM
7766 are the go
no worries 2000 is a lot of hooks will take sum off your hands if you need the room ;D :D ::) :o. lee

no_worries
06-06-2004, 05:00 PM
I'll have a yap to you next week lee,cheers no worries

snappa
06-06-2004, 07:58 PM
gary

spoke to paul shields today and he fished this week at deep tempest with 4 onboard and had no trouble and in short time scoring their bag limits each 3 - 4 kg class
next week give the deep a blast ???? not fished out wide for a year ;D

Cloud_9
07-06-2004, 04:39 AM
gaday pete.
another hook id stay away from is those youvella.
hookedbig somthing on eastern 24's few weeks ago tripple gang swiveled together.
straightened all three hooks, was a tad fu&^%$ off, was holding my Gary Howard custom M10 and it was bent almost double.
and again 2 weeks ago big macktuna again tripple gang swiveled.live bait
got the fish in the boat 7.5 Kg's but the hooks where all straightened to 90deg.
was luck to boat the fish i think.
i use tru turn hooks now there very sharp and strong.

Cheers cloud 9

aquarius
08-06-2004, 04:48 AM
To quote the add "Penetrator is mustads new fine wire super suicide hook for LIGHT TACKLE BAIT FISHING."

They are designed to penetrate with little effort and i use them mainly around the shallow reef areas.........Snappa i can see why they straightened on a big fish mate.......Too fine a gauge for offshore i reckon.
Cheers Brent