PDA

View Full Version : Logan River

logans_hero
28-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah Hi Guys.
Just wondering whats happening in the Logan at the moment. Took my fathers 30 year old hartley scamp for a run up from carbrook yesterday and wet a line after a 2 year absence from fishing. Now i have the bug again. Boat went like a charm but the fish were a bit quiet. The water was a bit to clean looking with a bluey tinge to it and no surface action from bait boiling. Where are they all hiding down there?

jaybee
28-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the board Logan, i am sure some of the regulars of that way will answer you soon, being school hols they may be a bit slow tho. or it could be the cold and not enuff green death.
cheers
Joe

gruntahunter
28-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Lol. Hey the bug is always there...its just that the missus keeps it at bay sometimes.
Bream in the logan...cold night...no moon....around the rocks...cant miss.

moondancer
28-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Howdy everyone,

yup, bit like you, Logan , I would love to connect with some decent fish in the Logan. have been fishing it on and off now the last coupkle of years, and got to the stage of wondering why. A few OK catches, but nothing startil;ing, or dependable (whatever that measn in fishing lingo!) So....looking forward to ANYONE"S replies about the area from Albert R junction to the mouth.!

Lawryy

Jeremy
29-06-2004, 04:32 AM
I was fishing at Marks Rocks (for the first time) on Friday night. Soaking some live mullet and live prawns - very quiet. Also a bit of snot weed fouling the lines. Wasn't unfishable but still a nuisance.

Jeremy

MTpockets
29-06-2004, 05:11 AM
yeah we copped that snot weed on friday around the pin, a bit irritating yes.

snapperhead
30-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Read everyone of Nuggets reports in bush n beach for last couple of years wealth of info. Get to the out of the way places don't be sheep find new spots away from all the boats if you want to fish popular spots do it mid week. I moved north 12 months ago so can't give you any recent info but persistance will pay off. I got few of my first 's... Jacks, Jew and lure caught fish in the logan so it pays off. ps. check around the many islands at marks rocks it can be shallow in a few spots so be carful but there is some good structure that dosen't see allot of boat traffic in there. Good luck

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
the big names get hammered - marks, pitts, junction etc but you can still do alright.

If you have a sounder follow the main channel & look for "potholes" - they are generally a metre or two deeper & hold prawn & thus fish where there are no visible landmarks.

Look for creeks & drains on the side & fish these at the start of the ebb.

Use the natural bait of the logan - prawn, herring & mullet.

Is still home to the biggest whiting (there is only one spot on the coast to rival it & it ain't the nerang) & the #most consistent school jew location.

Flathead from the juction down.

chris

ps here's a brave prediction - with the half decent prawn season the logan had the biggest whiting at the Straddie Classic this year will come from there