PDA

View Full Version : Brissy River today

MY-TopEnder
01-07-2004, 03:53 PM
G'Day Guys,

After spending the morning buying a stack of new Bream gear, i got bored this arvo so loaded up an headed out to the Brisbane river leaving Colmslie @ about 1:30pm

We got to a new little spot we thought we'd have a go at... got nothing there but it at least gave me the chance to practice flicking the new rod around.

We moved up to out little spot x in the river and begun flicking plastics while the little fella threw bait around. Not long after being there i lost a good jig head and lure on something on the bottom, then landed a nice size squire. That was all but it wasn't too bad.

When we were launching i noticed the river was REALLY stirred up, i mean dunking the trailer to launch i couldn't see the rear rollers on the boat about a foot under the water thats how dirty it was.

Ah well... off to the pin again tomorrow.

jaybee
01-07-2004, 04:37 PM
My son is coming down for a week this saturday, See how things pan out next week, if you like we may be able to meet up and go catch a feed of squire in the river. Wed to Fri.
cheers
Joe.

reefraider_II
01-07-2004, 05:07 PM
hey fellas was meant to build a deck this weekend but trying to postpone timber oreder so wife lets me go fishing ....got some spots to try in the bay anyone keen this weekend.? we arnt pro fisherman but keen for fun weather it be logan or bay. let me know marty

MY-TopEnder
01-07-2004, 05:22 PM
G'Day Joe...

Unfortunately next week i'll be back at work after this week off. Bit of a pain in the bum really.

jaybee
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
np tops will stay in touch u never know.
cheers
Joe