PDA

View Full Version : Mr Snapper and His Friend

Commodore
03-07-2004, 09:59 AM
We had planned to go to Mr Snappers place earlier in the week, but the NW winds kept us at bay until yesterday ???. Conditions seemed to be spot on, with tide and moon phases good for catching the big ones. :)
Departed Manly at 3pm and had a lovely cruise across the bay, small northerly swell but no chop, except for bow waves. Arrived to spot x with plenty of run in the tide already, so we got to work.
Quickly a rum and coke was poured ;D and lines in the water. Things where a bit quite until one of the lines went twang, :o this could be good we thought, a reasonable fight was put up by both parties and as the sun set a lovely Silver Snapper ( M.I.L Fish) :D was aboard. I haven’t weight him but I would guess he is in the range of 10 – 11 pound. Thoughts of fresh bread and fish mornay entered my head as I peeled the lid on another black rat (can of bundy). ;)
From here things went very quite, :( with out a bait lost thru the main run of the tide. As the run was dropping and our patients, twang! :o, this could be better, a few minutes later a very nice quality Snapper about 7 pound was on board, things are looking up. ;D After re-baiting and adrenaline pumping, another inquiry, this could be it; they on the last of the run in, hook up….bloody big stinking catfish >:(…that’s it, lines in, anchor up and head for home.
Great run back to base and home by 9:30pm, results not as good as last time but still a nice taste of fresh fish for the family.
Cheers,
Matt

Commodore
03-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Sunset

Commodore
03-07-2004, 10:03 AM
The fish

philip_thomson
03-07-2004, 10:19 AM
well done that snapper looks like its a good quality fish. pitty that you didn't get more. i guess atleast you got out there and got a feed.
cheers philip

MTpockets
03-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Nice work Matt :D
At least you nominated what ball into what pocket mate.
Nice to actually catch what you target.
cheers
Les

SeaHunt
03-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Should be out there today mate, nice day for it. 8)
How far out did you go to get them ?
I mean approximately, Mud, Rous, HA. :)

PS. Seems like all the best fisho's drink Bundy, I might have to go and polish off a few (dozen) tonight myself, might improve the hookup rate. :P

Commodore
03-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi SeaHunt,
Yeh the weather is great, could go every day...
Got the fish a bit behind mud. ;)....a fair bit behind but in the bay... :-X
If you’re not catching fish, we always say "have a drink and a think about it" normally makes something happen.....not necessarily a hook up, but guarantee some activity.... ;D ;D

catching
03-07-2004, 03:10 PM
hi matt
nice couple of fish there mate..... that sunset is orsome dont ya hate it when the catties come to gate crash MR SNAPPERS plac. probably be allright if they come alone but they bring there mates nice couple of fish out of the bay well done ;) ;) ;)
cheers mark

Cheech
04-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Matt, I have not seen a silver snapper before. Are they actually related? do they taste similar, and what are the size restrictions.

Cheech

bugman
04-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I thinkl you'll find that may actually be a Morwong

Bugman

Zeeke
04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
looks like a snappa and a blue morwong

Tim