PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda/Hinchinbrook

whiteman
24-08-2004, 09:49 AM
A couple of days of R&R staying at Wanderers with 20+ club members ....

Weather perfect with very warm days and cool, clear nights. Water temp 23C. Surface a little lumpy at times but OK for offshore. Whales around to entertain.

Lots of tea leaf trevally and several gold spots caught. We nailed a 3.5kg Spotty and lost three more due to bite-offs through 80lb leader. One 25lb GT landed. No barra caught but not targeted. Most fishing done around Pelorus Is and a couple of secret (yeah right!) wrecks.

Casualties: hit mudbank in first 10 minutes (me), ran out of fuel (Club President), complete battery failure (Mike), and plenty of close calls. Interesting place unless you're a local.

Checked out Yanks Jetty (great camping spot) and Zoe Bay (paradise).

All in all a very relaxing weekend.

Mad_Barry
24-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Yep Whiteman, nice spot yanks jetty #:), there's another couple of good camps on Orpheus as well.

Good to hear you had a top weekend.

Did you hear of any spaniards getting caught around the northen end of pelorus at the moment ?

Barrymundi
24-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Zoe Bay is very nice. Take the time to climb the track up to the top of the falls.

Fantastic view. How was my secret SPOT ?

Al

whiteman
25-08-2004, 10:21 AM
No reports of Spaniards and no-one fishing northern point of Pelorus when we were out there.

Didn't get to the "Very" secret spot as I would have been found on it and so kept it for a future time. I followed that guy who does fishing on Ch7 news out of the channel on Sunday morning. High speed across very low water but an excellent shorcut. He had a brand new Goodwyn. Best looking thing on the water. When we got out a bit he stopped to let me go. Probably thought I was tracking him to his secret spot!