PDA

View Full Version : J Bay - 29/8

Billo
03-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Headed down to Sydney Saturday night , got in around 8 pm and rallied the troops .
Made headway down to J Bay around 10 and arrived just after 1 am
After the hike down to the water , we proceeded to rig up , and hit a few live baits which surprising were working the surface right at the ledge .
We spent a few hours mucking around , we finally got some sleep .... a whole half an hour , before car loads started rocking up ..and we had no choise but to stay up to keep the spot .

luckily we had lines in the water all night , so we had the main ledge to ourselves .

It was unbelievably quiet ...live baits out all night and morning with schools of yakka and slimeys working the surface .
Eventually , around 10 am , the little brother was screaming .................I'M ON ....get the GAFFFF!!!!!!!

15 minutes of battling , we finally got it to the surface , and the gaff was sunk ......you little beauty !

It was what we went down for ,...and made the trip worthwhile , but we wanted more .

With bait schools still in the area , we put a few more in .
I let one bait head to the current lines , and at about 300 metres from the shore ...the water around the balloon blew up
whatever it was ....it wa BIG......but unfortunately didn't hook up , and even though i left the bait out for a few minutes , the fish that struck did not return.
Bait came in dead and with on scratch down the side .
We believe it was an early season Marlin , but can't confirm because of the distance it was out ....

Would have been nice to get another fish to the stone , but who can complain with a decent king like this one off the rocks !?

Billo
03-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Slimy schools

Billo
03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
The best bit ........rod BUCKLED !

Hookem_Herby
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Great report Billo and nice fish and pics! ;) :o

Herby

MarcusD
03-09-2004, 11:08 AM
G'day Tim, sounds like a great adventure. Are you ready for Jack season yet? I should be heading out any weekend now so let me know if you want to come along.

Cheers,
Marcus

Billo
03-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Yeh mate ...for SURE !

its about time everything starts hotting up .
It's been a slow season .

just give me a hoy [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]