PDA

View Full Version : Fast trip to the Barwons

webby
23-08-2004, 04:09 AM
With me 4x4 out of action and no towing device for me rig, went for a trip to the barwons with Wayne and Les aboard the Streaker, with Spiros and Paynefull in our wake ;D
Great weather, but not so great fishing.
Was susprised that there were only a few rigs out there.
Anyway to cut the story short, we still ended up with snapper, tuskies, pearlies as keepers, and even scored a nice lizards in 50m, oh yes les took home his favourite fish a idione bream :-X.
Not sure how spiros went, but Sam (paynefull) bagged out on tuskies, and scored a few others to keep them busy for awhile at the filleting table. ;D
Had to laught at these two, Sam and his mate, they shared there catch, so at the cleaning table, one took one fillet off and then handed it to his partner to take the other fillet off, so they each had a fillet of a particular fish ;D
Good trip even though the fish werent on the chew in great numbers, but found some new grounds for next time.
Thanks for the ride Wayne. Back to the bay next trip to catch some real fish ;D ;D
regards

-spiro-
23-08-2004, 05:32 AM
Was hard to get a deccent feed due to current more than anything at the banks. Came home in a bit of rough sea, first 10 klms where all right then it turned to crap on the last 30 klms.[Wayne you left just in time i think]. Ended up with 4 parrot,4 squire,2 gold spot,a flathead and a amberjack. At the end of the day it was great weather and good company.

dfox
23-08-2004, 09:24 AM
just got back fellas, tried calling streaker on radio , did real well full report later...foxy

Lucky_Phill
23-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Me and crew for the day , Lapsy, headed out as Streaker and crew were heading in. Also saw Sam and spiro. As the weather was getting windy, headed to Wide Caloundra area.

Spent the night. mmmm Spotties and Schoolies in the afternoon. A couple of Squire at night. 20knot Northerly all night. Bugga.

Snapper, Moses, Parrot, Spanish in the morning.

Sorry, but quick report.

Pics, Yes Bugmeister, Pics.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
23-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes

Lucky_Phill
23-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh Spottie.

Lucky_Phill
23-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Yes they were big healthy spott.s. mmmmmm

jeffo
23-08-2004, 02:15 PM
phill- that mack in the esky apears to be a spaniard :-/

photo from today (sunday)

Lucky_Phill
23-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Yes 78cms. #spot, spanish and Schoolies. Nailed the 3 species. #;)

And, Jeff, I'd be sacking ya Gaff Man :P

Ever heard of Gills ?

Phill ::)

jeffo
23-08-2004, 04:56 PM
yeah phill i was disgusted at that shot too!! i had a 100lb wind on and 80lb leader... why the fish needed to be gaffed at all was beyond me. but they insisted!

nofrills
23-08-2004, 05:57 PM
jees phill

now ya gone and done it.Here i am taking my time fixing up the boat and gear,doing all the odd jobs around the house and dreaming of the great mack season im GOING TO HAVE.And you go and stick pics of them up for me to see after me just being told yesterday by another fella.
Now im in a flat stick hurry to put all my crap back together and the odd jobs can get stuffed till next winter :-X.

cheers scott

Streaker
24-08-2004, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the post Webby. the weather was great the company excellent the fishing ordinary what more can you say. Les has some photos that he might post. It's always good to have other members along Spiro (Chris) and Sam in the Center Consol. Maybe someone will feel sorry for me and give me some marks in the deeper ground. SeaSaw (mark) next time I go out would you be keen for a trip.
Wayne

Touchy - R.I.P.
24-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Wayne,I really think you should lift your game as far as your deckies go ::) :P(hint hint nudge nudge),if you want to start filling the esky start to check ya' bite time percentages as well as your gps :P.Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
24-08-2004, 12:41 PM
I might have to try that new Hip out in ReBait, Touchy.

We punched out into the 1.5mtrs of sea, at 44kph. Plenty of spray. Think of getting Gas Strutt Seats.

I'll pm you somemarks for the mid to nth Barwons, Wayne. pm me first though.

;D ;D ;D Phill ;)

SeaSaw
24-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Wayne, Let me know when you are next heading to Barwon. I am keen to come along and happy to provide marks for the deeper grounds. I have got good results in the past by fishing around the 85m depth early in the morning and then when things quieten down, heading into the shallow areas (40-50m) to anchor up and burley.

Cheers,

Mark

peewee
04-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Better late then never! ::)

The Pearly king gets a snapper! "Dirty things" he calls it ;D

(Hey! There's Wayne's long lost glassed! :-X)

peewee
04-09-2004, 09:06 PM
..and a quick trip home in "The Streaker"
Could ya' ask for a better day ! :D

Streaker
05-09-2004, 02:48 AM
Les
it brings a tear to my eyes and a void to my pockets when I see those glasses [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]. Cost me $500 big ones for the replacements. Thanks for the photo's.
Wayne