PDA

View Full Version : straddy

mackmauler
17-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, my skills have been getting rusty lately! the home patch hasnt been fished in over a month :o with much anticipation and expectation after looking at the forecast myself, hamza and ben headed out. smooth sailing till we made the bar and into the washing machine we proceed, amity side had shallowed up and was breaking everywhere, a good day for a surf LOL, I norm dont make a point of bar crossing but let me say that bar is in a dangerous state at the moment.

Finally clear of the waves, found a few baits then off to some wide ground...we hit some perlies but a lot were undersize, then the wind picked up, so much for .8m my call at up to 1.5. hard fishn weather but we were on the board with a few decent fish by mid morn.. 8) #it was time to get the berley stream going ;D Ben and Hamza, the mix masters lmao ;) the catch rate went downhill a bit with some reduced fishn effort, berley is overrated :P the fishn dropped off as the tide peeked and although sticking it out for a good while after that little come of it, we just didnt dong them like usual. end tally 8 perlies, 1 barr cod, 3 piggys, a parrot 2 rosy jobfish and a #squire, a baby whale played around the boat for about an hour, quiet a spectacle, better luck next time fellas. lets vote to sack the forecaster ::)
Rob

mackmauler
17-09-2004, 04:15 PM
first drop of the morn , this jumped on my line! these rate with the best eating around, one of my faviourite fish ;D

Lucky_Phill
17-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Ah,, the Rosies. Haven't put one of them in the esky for a while, Rob.

good surfing again, you got back eh !

Phill

northsboy
17-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey rob...still i nice little mixed bag there even though u didnt dong them like u usually do lol...well done!!!! Do you have any photos of the bar when you were crossing it?? Nice looking cod too!! Still got a feed for a while...once again well done!
Cheers
Liam

Maria
17-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Hahahaha, yeah tops day out...sort of. Yes, I did for the very first time berley like the one, the only Micky B. Brewwwwwwwwwwwer but I'll contest that it was only due to the effects of my current suffering from a bad dose of the flu.

Me thinks I should give up fishing and take up photography - some alright pics there if I may say so myself. ;D

Thanks a lot Rob.

Beno

HamzaLH
17-09-2004, 05:47 PM
A HUGE thanks to rob ... I had a good days fishing and some nice fish for a feed ...

Sorry i couldnt hold my lunch down :P ... pretty hard in that kinda weather ...

Learnt alot from this fella ... top bloke, he made sure i was fishing well b4 he even picked up a rod ... Thanks again Rob ... Really appretiate the day :)

Ta :)

Hamza ...

bugman
18-09-2004, 05:34 AM
Rob,

I must admit that the closer in grounds were producing a real mixed bag on the last couple of trips.

Just go back a bit and have a look at my post from when you were up at Pancake.

Next time out I'm going to use the main channel on the bar and permantly mark the route in the GPS so I don't get caught out if it blows up.

My turn to take you out.

Brett

rakinray
18-09-2004, 05:42 PM
G/ day rob good to see ya back mate, even for a quite day still got a feed carnt be all bad lol ! Why do you think the amity side was like it was ( shifting sand ? ) Hope it improves.

CHEERS RAY ;D

mackmauler
18-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeh no complaints about getting a feed Ray, went through a bit for them but lol, surfs been up and onshore lately, tides are big, but yes the sand has shifted more, there is a lot less water depth in close to the island than there was. seeya out there soon,

Rob

Dylan_Rylatt
19-09-2004, 03:22 AM
:o ben = berlie boy :o = good boy for givin me some perlie..

you cant tell it's been a while since you have fished rob. The report writing skills are back in fashion again. :o

Dylan

Cloud_9
19-09-2004, 01:57 PM
thats what i like to read a good ol mackmauler report.
top effort as usual Rob.

Cheers Cloud 9