PDA

View Full Version : goldy m&g 22/10

longtail
22-10-2005, 07:50 PM
out of bed 3am deckie arrived 315am on the road by 330am , met skippa on the highway then off we go , at the ramp by 430am met brett(brejen) . headed out the seaway for my maiden offshore trip pointed the boat ne and POUNDED our way out to bretts secret mark ;) . finally arrived ( thanks for waiting for me to catch up guys) just could not keep up with everyone else ::) , then the fun started :o first of couldn't hit bottom ( even with 8oz of lead ) , then i proceeded to get crook , after leaning over the side 3 times decided to head back in closer to the seaway to try to get my sealegs back ::) :-X . dropped the pick in the seaway started getting bites then the floating pillie got hammered and dropped ( it was all over in an instant) . right , got some colour back in me by now so back out the seaway and dropped the pick about a km out from the sand pumping jetty started getting good bites straight away and began pulling up smallish shovelies ( at least we're catching something) kingtin woulda been proud ;) ;D it was about then we got a call from brett , come out to the 18's so of we went . couple of drifts resulted in 1 just legal squire and a small trev . decision was then made to head out to the 24's , after several drifts , nothing , not even a bite. by now we'd had enough so off we went to POUND our way home . met up at wavebreak for a chinwag and clean fish then home.

not much to show for it , but was a good day out (mostly ;))
thank to skippa and brejen for their help and advice
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
good to put faces to names ;D

cheers
jason

p.s- you guys may be a lot quicker but i only used 52l for the day ;) ;D

longtail
22-10-2005, 07:55 PM
the deckies shovelie , we had caught about 8 of 'em before i remembered the camera

longtail
22-10-2005, 07:57 PM
the end result for the day , not much but there's a feed there

jason

roz
22-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi Jason,

great to see you've finally got the new boat outside, only a matter of time before you start landing some quality. But those first couple will taste great.

I am sure we'll see some pics of a mackeral or three before the end of summer, just stick with it Jas.

Well done!

Roz.

skippa
22-10-2005, 09:00 PM
well after 2 unsuccessful trys, this time we finally got offshore today.

I guess everyone was up early, me outta bed at 2.00am, can't sleep so a quick check of ausfish and seabreeze and pack the esky. Met up with Jason down the highway and onto the Grand ramp by 4.30am. Meet up with Brett, Dazza, Darryl and GOM. #

Out thru the seaway before sunup and n/e we head. Don't worry Jason, Brett likes to stretch the legs on the 175 and the Haines does a great job cutting thru the slop. Fortunately for me the Southwind can match it with the Haines. #;) #but a 115 is still no match for a 175. It is a long run in sloppy conditions, but it's usually worth it.

Jason it sure is different outside, compared to fishing rivers and the bottom of the bay and I've seen experienced 'outside' fishos lay a burley trail in lesser conditions. You weren't on your own today either, more than one deckie turned green and had a chunder. #::)

For me today a few smallies that were returned to nemo's nursery ..... luckily the freezer is still stocked from the last trip. Found a few more spots to check for next time which where duely logged into the gps. Tried out the new sea anchor today which worked fine and a first for me to anchor in anything deeper than the bay, which went off like a charm # ::) #
....... aww who am I kidding, I stuffed it up, but on the bright side I can only get better, right. #:-?

Still learning all this outside stuff myself.

Graeme, before you say anything # ..........

I STILL HAVE MY ANCHOR WITH 10MTS OF CHAIN AND 150MTS OF ROPE ...... # # ;)

As Jason said we traveled to several spots today and I would prefere to say I went boating and not fishing. #::)

I was suprised that I could hear the Indy cars from our fishing grounds offshore and enjoyed the flyover and the Indy entertainment.

All in all still a good day out on the water and certainly nice to meet some more Ausfishers and put faces to names.

Brett, charter boat, what charter boat. # :P

No pic's from me today, but plenty of snapping going on from Dazza so I'm sure there will be pic's to follow.

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

PS To the Fisheries Girls, if ya reading, nice to catchup again. # ;)

gawby
22-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Let me tell you skippa i still have my chain and anchor to. ;D
Like i said yesterday work comes first at the moment but would have liked to show you all how the stacer goes in the slop. Bang, bang, bang. :) ;)
And i might add use about one third of the fuel that the 175 uses. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
And terry, i dont have tecno yawns much at all these days so if looking for a spew trail to drop your line in you better find another boat to follow. :'(
Good to see you all caught plenty. >:( >:( >:(
Dribble, dribble ha ha ha ho ho ho
Graeme

Darryl
22-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Yes well my first day out for a while was really enjoyed buy myself and my son. I would like to thank brett and tony for making me feel like one of the lads.

Must admit i was a bit nervous rolling up to the ramp in the old carribean but after meeting you blokes i'm glad i did. I had to bail as the young bloke was feeling crook by 9 30 but still had a great day in all with just having the run out there and the few squire i caught.

Spewin i missed the girls :-/ Christ i would have demanded a body search or something.

Longtail , you weren't the slowest mate, i was lucky last and only used 55 litres of fuel.

All in all, top blokes, great day, quality time with my son , even if the fish were scarce.

Thanks again and i'm looking forward to the next meet and greet or even if you fella's feel like having me as a tag along.

Brejen
22-10-2005, 11:37 PM
On ya boyz great day out, and great to meet some more Ausfisho's.

Well near all has been said by the rest.

Good work Jason and your deckie great to see you never just up stumps and went home but stayed on to fight some more. MAte as Skippa said, seen many a man burley in less, you'll get there. And have to say you did a great job for a first trip outside, and as Roz said it will not take long.

Tony bloody charter boat , what charter boat. Still wondering what may have happened damm lucky with the out come. And have been filliing in the report that the girls gave me.

My report was we come home with 7 trag 1 trav. Fished the 36's East of the Pin found some very nice showings of Fish anchor up then about 1hr later had some fun with a chater boat. When the call came that the boyz wanted to head back a little closer to try get some better seas, we uped pick and lead them in. Started at the 18's got on a nice drift got some Maori Cod went 42cm and went back in. Headed out to the 24's a little later and found some nice showing here as well but nothing coming in but baby Pearlies-Great to see tho. Tony the air show was awesome love to have been in on the 18's then tho. Headed in a little later for an Ausfish chat amongst the big boats on the western side of wavebreak.

And again as tony said great to talk again to the girls from the fisheries again and great to see that you girls even remembered us from the last time we meet.

Good get out on the water with some top blokes for what turned out to be a great boating day.

Great to meet GOM, Longtail , Crestcutter, and again Dazza and Skippa. Also to meet Jeremy- How'd you fair mate.

Thanks again guys great day.

Brett

GAWBY wasn't going to say nothing but you know me i can't. HAve to say the money you save on fuel you spend on fillings, bounce bounce pound pound ;)

gawby
23-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Funny that how the stacer gets flogged on here about being a tinnie and bounces around but who is the first one to get in if i am going outside. ;)
Do i need to say anything more. :-X
Um, i believe those who live in glass houses shouldnt cast the first stone. ;D

maztez
23-10-2005, 06:37 AM
hey gawby all in jest im just shirty cause i had to miss a day out with you guys
terry

skippa
23-10-2005, 06:44 AM
good on ya Graeme,

Knew ya bite # ;)

Oh by the way I know a good dentist, and he gives discount for 'bulk' and 'frequent' fillings. # ;D # ;D
ya just got to give him the code .... slop slop bounce bounce. Stacer.

And on the subject of fuel. Travelled 51 miles yesterday and used 54 litres #:)

Darryl, your welcome to tag along any time mate, good to meet you. Your right, great to be out spending time with ya kids eh

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)
PS Dazza where's all the pic's?

(Disclaimer: my reference to stacers are purely to stir up Graeme and not meant to offend other owners or discredit the stacer company)

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Will get a few pics up soon.Computer is playing games with me.Bit like the fish were yesterday :'(
Cheers Dazza

Brejen
23-10-2005, 08:31 AM
GAWBY bites better than the fish most days.

Brett

Supose it's cheaper than going to a chiropractor. ;) ;) ;D

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Well Guys

I will keep this short(putas playing games)
Met everyone at the ramp at 4.30 then we were off.
Have to say i was slightly nervous as this was my maiden voyage offshore but i knew i was in good company.Had my son (David) as deckie.I don't know who was more excited as this was his first offshore trip.
As you can see not a great deal of fish hit the ice but none the less had a great day on the water At least i now know how the Haines handles in offshore cond.I am not sure how you would classify yesterdays conditions but handled them well.
Didn't end up with as many pics as expected Too much bouncing around to get a good pic.Had a heap of the sky and water

Was good to put a few more faces to names.Longtail (Jason) and Crestcutter.
On the fuel side of things 78km/60l.Donk is still being run in so hopefully this will get a little better once i get a few more hours up.

Some pics to follow.

Cheers Dazza

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Zoom shot

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Goldie from the 18's

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 12:24 PM
;D ;D

2DKnBJ
23-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Grumpyoldman

Jeremy
23-10-2005, 02:42 PM
I met Brett and a couple of othera at the ramp (sorry can't remember names). The others must have been running a bit late? I left the ramp just after 4.30 am with Rob See and off to the Prince for some livies which were easy to come by. Went out to the 18s also in about 50m. Bit lumpy I agree. Very slow at first, but moved around a bit and found a show. Managed 5 good squire, best about 50 cm 1.8 kg, all taken floatlining the baits a long way back. Also a tailor taken on a live yakka near the surface just under 1 kg. Headed back in around 10.30 and chased some mack tuna for a while and landed one at 3.4 kg. Put together a reasonable catch in the end.

I went back to the ramp at around 12.45 as one of our guys was already back and had pulled his boat out. He had a nice snapper around 3kg and a pearlie about 2 kg from the 36s. I did have a look as I passed wavebreak, but there was alot of boats there and I wasn't sure what I was looking for....and time was short. Maybe next time. Sorry no photos.

Jeremy

RobSee
23-10-2005, 10:25 PM
I'll agree that it was lumpy.

I have to thank Jeremy for the trip, but I will admit that i was essentially ballast for most of the day. I don't think I have been that crook since I drank that bottle of tequila, after the six pack of beer, with an ice cream and scotch sundae.... you get the idea.

Jeremy is a top skip and I'm glad that at least I did not mess up any net shots.

Thanks again for your patience with an inexperienced offshorer..

Cheers

Rob

Brejen
23-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Rob litttle birdy told me at the ramp that you were a little sic out there. Mate you weren't the only one one of my deckies got a little green again.

Brett

RobSee
23-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Let's just say that I was lighter for the trip home

gawby
24-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Come on boys, thats not rough. Dam hell ill give a big spew [smiley=sick2.gif]but its gotta be rough. ;D ;D ;D
Only looks like wind chop to me. :)
Graeme

maztez
25-10-2005, 02:02 PM
hey brett which deckie it couldnt be my little buddy ....musta been your big buddy hey ::) ::) ::)

Brejen
25-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Dad your right it was the big one. Fought it all day he did will not let me see him spew. It'll come Matt, it'll come ;D ;D ;D

Brett

Oh but the little one had to have a sleep for some time just like his Pop.

grumpyoldman
25-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Great to meet you guys and I enjoyed the day, despite trying to keep up with Brett on the way to New Guinea - didn't know there was a prize for getting there first :-X :-X - Jeez Brett, you give that 17L some stick :o :o
As for the conditions and the unfortunate effect it had on some, just remeber, there are only 2 kinds of sea-goers - those who have been seasick and those who are going to be!!! Quite seriously, the general conditions offshore in QLD are a dream for an ex-pat Victorian - that Bass Strait is a proper mongrel. I've fished Mallacoota, Lakes Entrance, Port Welshpool, Portland, etc. in a 17C and you would really have to be half-mad and half-Irish to go out. :P :P :P
Any time you guys want a return match, let me know - I'm in. The fishing is not what it used to be (is it ANYWHERE?) but the small marlin and spotties should be on soon - I'll let you know.
Once again, it was a great pleasure to have a day with you guys and congrats to Dazza and the others who lost their "offshore virginity" ;D ;D ;D

GOM

grumpyoldman
25-10-2005, 08:01 PM
I dunno what all this talk is about the conditions - it was PERFECT # 8-) 8-)
You guys musta been on a different ocean :-/
BTW, don't take any notice of the date on the piccy - I forgot to set it on the camera - the piccy really was taken on Saturday - you KNOW I wouldn't lie to you # ::) ::)

RobSee
25-10-2005, 09:41 PM
somehow I remember it being a little lumpier than that... :-[

skippa
25-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Don't worry Rob, it was,

We were only a few K's offshore there, as you can see. More having a play with anchoring than having a serious fish. (not to mention listening to the Indy cars, can't believe how far sound travels). That was in the middle of the day, was certainly a bit sloppyer earlier and again later on.

The attached pic shows the terrible conditions we had to endure on the last outside trip ......

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Brejen
25-10-2005, 10:16 PM
On ya girls. What a job running around in that little tinnie. That was reaaaalll rough that day Tony, trip up that day wasn't all that good tho if i remember correctly. Remember you having a little play with anchoring that day as well.... ::) ::) ;)

Brett

skippa
25-10-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah Lucky the Gawby Mobile wasn't with us that morning, could of been another trip the dentist ;)

Don't remember any anchor playing ::)

100ft anchor rope 240ft water doesn't work :-?

but if you mean the mooring I found, well ok ;)

Tony

RobSee
26-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Tony,

The slimmer patrol officer in that photo is my better half.

Didn't I cop a ribbing when I returned from my trip with Jeremy - still a little pale!

longtail
26-10-2005, 03:31 PM
lol ;D

next time you guys head out , let me know i'm in ;)

my missus is refusing to let me forget that i was a little green in the morning :-[, to the extent that she rang everyone should could think of to tell 'em about it >:( ::)

oh well that's part of offshore fishing 8-)

it's been suggested that next time i visit the chemist the day before ::)

can't wait till she's in labour , then it's my turn to laugh ;)

from a distance that is.... ;D

cheers
jason

skippa
26-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Well Rob,

the tinnie you went out in was just a tad bit smaller than the one your missus works on. Almost looked like a American #coast guard boat from the distance you know. Remember thinking, geez these guys are a long way s/w. I met your missus back at the ramp and couldn't believe she remembered my boat from a couple months ago. Geez, there's no more floating around inconspicuously anymore. # :-?

BTW how can I get a job on that tinnie #;) # That's the sort of tinnie you need Graeme. # ;D

Jason,

Kwells are the offshore fishermens friend #;) One an hour before you hit the water, another when your on the water and alls sweet mate. (and drink plenty of WATER)

As far as your missus goes, your a brave man Jase, I'd be laughing from a looooong distance .... # #::)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

PS Brett's right, they're very emotional then and they really never forget ...... ::)

Brejen
26-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Rob she was the little birdy that said someone she knew ::) had been sick and couldn't beleive it. Mate the girls would have to be the most pleasant and professional fisheries i've ever had the pleasure to meet. And if anyone gets pinged by them then they deserve it. Down to earth and love to have a chat.

Tony would mind the rig they were in on Sat either, what a set up.

Jason mate you'll be right, but just incase you aren't would mind anchoring up current from me next trip ;D ;D . Mate when ever you want to get out down here give me a yell. Always keen to get out as often as possible. And mate don't laugh at them then of all times they never forget it ;D ;D . Just do what i do laugh at her when she's not around to hear me :P .

Brett

skippa
26-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Geez Brett,

Hope Jen can't read either #;D or does the ink vanish after a couple minutes ::)

yeah nice setup alright, still wanna know how I can join the crew # :-? gotta agree too, very professional and didn't mind a chat ......

cheers,
Tony # 8-)

longtail
26-10-2005, 07:51 PM
no worries brett ;) always willing help in any way i can ::) BTW , if i provide the berley i get the first BIG fish 8-)
tony , brett- i'm keen , but might have to wait a few weeks until this baby's out :-? long way to rush home :-/ next trip i'll make up for my lack of fish this time ;)
your right brett , that was a nice rig the girls had . tony , when you find out how to get that job let me know [smiley=thumbsup.gif], i only saw one problem with that boat though , no rod holders or live bait tank ;D

cheers
jason

p.s - tony next time you go to peel give me a call , have never caught anything there , so will follow you around ;) ;D

2DKnBJ
26-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Jason
Are you heading out this weekend
or is it cutting things a bit fine on the timing side.
If the weather plays the game i will be heading over to Mud possibly overnight.Have a couple of spots marked on the northern end but want to have a look around down the southern and western side.
If you are interesded let me know.
Cheers Dazza

longtail
27-10-2005, 02:05 PM
dazza ,

got 3 weeks to go , so at this stage can't go to far from home. the 'pin will have to do this sat , gonna have a bit of a run around looking for flathead and tailor. will be launching jacobs well (i hope around 830am). probably spend most of the day around tipplers channel trolling ;) if you see me down there feel free to say g'day.

cheers
jason

gawby
27-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Skippa.
The only reason the girls stopped that morning was because they saw the tow rope and thought the mistress wouldnt be upto pulling you back to shore. :o
But then they found out you were a bay fisher and only had 100 mtrs of rope, i could hear them laughing from here. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now again about the conditions you pussy it was only wind chop. 8-) 8-)
Graeme

skippa
27-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Jase,

mate I hate to tell ya but when bubs born the fun really begins #;) not gunna be a lot of time for fishing then mate. Nappies to change, no sleep, and of course 'everythings your fault' and that's the good years, wait till they're teenagers ....... (no thats the good years, they know everthing then) #;D

Next time I go to Peel I'll give ya a yell; stock up on your plastics #;)

Gawby Gawby Gawby,

Back from the dentist already eh? Lucky he bulk bills ;D ;D

Wind chop, your right, those pic's are of when it was smooth, nobody got a chance to take them earlier on.

I thought the reason they stopped was because of my good looks and charm #::) #::) #;D

Catch ya Graeme,

Tony #8-)

Darryl
27-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Dazza i was thinking about fishing mud island this weekend, i was going out friday night and staying out overnight.

I haven't fished mud at all and am pretty keen to get my first snapper, bloody decent squire will do .

Sing out mate if you want to hook up as i will most likley be out there feeding the bloody tiddlers all night.

Darryl.

Ps...You can all send me your gps marks for mud , cmon, help a bloke get a feed lmao. ;D

skippa
27-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Darryl,

Might end up doing an overniter there too, I'll have a look in the morning.

Try this spot guaranteed feed mate, S27.36.958 E153.18.502 ;)

Its the Reddy Bay takeaway, might need to stop in and pick up a feed if it doesn't go well at mud. ;D

cheers,
Tony 8-)

PS seriously tho , might do an overniter, not sure just yet.

Darryl
27-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Reddy bay takeaway ;D A&&76% hole lol.

Mate i am a frequent visitor of reddy bay take away, if that mark turns out to be the take away, I will find your boat in a yard there and rip out your gps . ;D

Bloody slack i tell ya. ::)

skippa
27-10-2005, 06:50 PM
#;D #;D ;D

Hmmm, that one could be fishhead ....

ol well you'd get a feed there too

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)
PS seriously tho the takeaway does a good feed of battered fish and chips

Darryl
27-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I would like fresh untampered with fish thanks tony. ::)

Actually last time i was there i was served by a lovely looking lass so i might just make a day/night of that. ;D

I know you know how to send a pm mate, if you value your gps i demand you send me marks where the fish are still alive. ::) ;D

And not bloody Darwin either . MUD tony MUD lmao. ;D

longtail
27-10-2005, 07:01 PM
tony,

you don't need to tell me mate , this is the 3rd one :o

you'd think i would have learn't by now ::) ;D

why do ya think i bought a new boat capable of offshore work.....to get as far away as possible :-X :D

on the up side though , i've finally figured out what causes it 8-)

time me thinks for a bigger t.v ;D ;D

plastics at peel :-? i'm just as much a virgin at that as i am at offshore fishing ::)

got a few packs in the box might be time to start getting them wet ::)

cheers
jason

skippa
27-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Darryl,

I've got plenty of marks that will put you in the Mud, especially in Moreton Bay. #;D

No worries I also know where you can get live fish too .... now where's that spot, Capalaba pet shop I think, but the girls will chase you out when they see you scooping them outta the tank.....

I'll send a pm tonite, don't have them on my Laptop.

Jase,

Glad you figured that one out ... who said you where slow # ;D
when you get to your 5th your boats gunna be huge ...
Yeah keep the electricity on mate, or go to bed first.

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Darryl
27-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Cheers tony, i knew deep down you were a good bloke lmao.

Looking like saturday night over night now , sing out if your going mate.

I'l send my mobile number to you in pm later mate as i am about to get flogged by lightning out here now.

Lmao@ capalaba pet shop ;D

Talk to you later mate.

Cheers

Darryl.

longtail
27-10-2005, 07:32 PM
tony ,

was hoping i wouldn't have to have five kids to get a HUGE boat :o

but i 'spose if that what it takes.... ;) ;D

pregnancy is no fun for either of us............but i like the trying part :-X :D

hmmm going to bed first , already tried that doesn't seem to work ;)

thats how she got pregnant this time 8-)

cheer
jason

Darryl
27-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I have four kids and my boat is only 18 foot six jason .

Christ that means i need to have another half dozen kids to get my 36 foot shark cat :'(

2DKnBJ
27-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Darryl
I will be around Mud on Sat night.Will be heading out around lunch on Sat to have a look around western and southern end to see if i can find some more likley spots to put some fish in the esky ::)
i will have the radio on ch 91 or give me a call Mob 0409065032
Skippa
Are you going to venture out this weekend?
Cheers Dazza

Darryl
27-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Yer Dazza will do, saturday it is for me too, im going to stay overnight weather permitting mate.

My mobile number is 0424630920 and i'm pretty much going to do the same. Boat in around lunch time saturday (not sure wich is the safest ramp to leave my car at) and stay the night, actually i'm not coming home till i get a feed so i could be there for weeks ;D

Will give you a ring when im launching mate.

Cheers Darryl.

skippa
28-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Dazza,

Mate gotta get new rego stickers sometime this weekend, can't have those fisheries girls catching me with the wrong ones on. #;) (needs to be changed by Sat)

Gotta work Sun, so if i do an overniter it will have to be Fri nite. See how I go with the rego stickers today.

Glad I didn't go last nite, looked alright when I got home, then a few hours later wammo #:o
At least I won't need to water for a while = more fishing time ;)

Good luck,
Tony # 8-)

Darryl
28-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Change of plan fella's, i'm headin out tonight , might cya in the morning dazza or if you change your mind i will be out all night tonight mate.

I'm in a 19 ft white carribean crestcutter , and i will be on vhf 67 and 27 meg 91.

Cheers and cya's on the water.

Ps thanx tony and dont work to hard mate.

Darryl