PDA

View Full Version : Wheeln em In meets the Bay Guru

DaneCross
29-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Just a quick report before I grab a kip. Had the pleasure of having Webby on-board today. JB & I met him at the ramp (a bit later than scheduled - sorry Webby) and headed to Mud Is. After a few jeers of, "the day's 1/2 over" ;D we set about drifting some plastics after an hour or two(?) with not even a touch, Webby breaks out a secret stash of bait! Headed to a few spots around the Island with again, no luck (except for numerous shovel nosed rays and a couple of undersized Grassies). After giving up on bait & plasics & basically Mud Is all together, we headed out in search of any surface action. Managed to tussle with a school of longtails, pulling three of them over a fairly short period of time. I can say I had a brief fight but soon decided I'm gunna need to bulk up a bit over summer ;D
Headed in after giving up the chase of some very flighty schools. Great conditions.
Great to have Webby on-board and to learn a few Mud Is Secrets, thanks for the day Brian. And yeh JB, you're Ok too ;) ;D ;D
DC

29-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Did you boys actually land the LT's or just had "brief" tussles? What were they taking and where abouts did you come across em?

Regards
CT

DaneCross
29-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeh mate, they were landed. JB and Webby have the pics. I'm sure they'll post them later. They were taking the ever faithful Lucky_Phill macmauler slugs ;)

Scott15
29-10-2005, 07:00 PM
well done dane, longtail is still on my list

webby
29-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Mate, Late, it was smoko and the pubs were open before we had a line in the water. ;D
Had the Honour of going for a run with Dane today, it was more of a tour then a full blood attach ;)
But to watch this bloke in action with his limitations, mate you need to be applauded.
For those that dont no Dane he is a quadraplegic ???( yes thats right), us mere mortals complain about a lot of things in life, but this bloke doesnt, even with his limitations.
If we had to go through the routine of get him into the rig and seat, most of us would give up.
He even casts (well sort off ;)) his own baits and retreives what ever he catches although the tuna did test him ;)
The other bloke is his side kick come drive come do everything man JB, this bloke needs to be applauded too, for his dedication in getting Dane to and from wherever he is going, on the water or on the road.
My hat is off to you JB, and not the one we gaffed today either ;D
But we started with a short plastic session (no hits) and then a short bait session (plenty of hits ;D), then it was roam the bay looking for some surface activity.
Found a few small pods over near the sandhills, and had the fun of listing to the reels scream.
Now im no big tuna chasers and no the difference between a Mack tuna, LT and yellowfin, but these blokes we tusselled with today , were either baby LT's or yellowfins, not sure.
Great day, great company and great conditions.
Now of heard of going to the extremens of retreving anchors, but to actually get wet is a new one for me ;D, at least it cooled you off mate.
Dane has now taking the handle of Bay Verminator off KIngston ;D
Once we sort how to get you into my rig, that night excursion is a goer.
regards
Dane with lap full of Sushi

philip_thomson
29-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Congratulations Dane, JB and Brian. good to see you caught some nice fish. that tuna should make for some fine eating.

Cheers Phil

Heath
29-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Your spot on Webby.

Dane is an inspriation to us all & yes his trusty sidekick JB is an all round good bloke as well.

Sounds like you had a nice day, too bad the fishing was a bit slow. JB You missed nothing down this end. Dead as a dodo :'(

Scott15
30-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Nice tuna guys, they look like longtails webby, top work dane, hope theres many more ;)

JB
30-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Hahha, i'm glad u liked my new anchor retrieval technique ::) , i was just trying to get bak into the bloody boat! i managed to hook meself onto the gunnel on the way down ;) It did cool me down for a while thats for sure ;)

Top day on the water, thanks for the trip DC and also thanks to Webby for the hints and tips. (which mostly comprised of Bait, Bait and more Bait) :P Oh and not daylight hours :) It was good to get some helpful advice on the area also :)

Those tuna were great fun to pull some drag and chase about, good to test the mackerel gear out before they come down ;D

Heath, sound like last week for me :( . Wont be long now mate and there will be screaming drags again ;)

Jas

spaniard
30-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Top work fellas [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Great to see you out there getting amonst it DC , hope theres plenty more fish out there for you.
Just wondering how long youv'e had that xxxx hat for. ;D