PDA

View Full Version : Last Weekend Beach Reports

SweetXR6
31-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Anyone get any fish?

Was after Beach fishing reports, not boats sorry hehehe.

Just new at this, start at the surf learn that move on.

Was just curious if anyone had any good results, I went to a few areas only to see the other blokes walking away.

Cheers.

Ps. Thanks for the quick reply, nice catch bud.

Steven78
31-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I had a good week end
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1130559063;start=all

chiefsimo
31-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Fished down at Burleigh late on Sunday arvo - using fresh beach worms on a rising tide we caught about half a dozen undersize whiting and a small stingray.

Plenty of bait stealing nibbles but no size to the fish at all.

Great looking gutter though - it should have fished better!

Fished up at Bokarina the sunday before, using fresh pipi's we caught a couple of snodger Dart... u could see them schooling in the waves but they weren't biting as rampantly as we would have liked!

I am sure the North Easterly tunrs the fish off at the beach....

SweetXR6
01-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Just a quick another question about your North Easterly Wind.

What happened is that I got 2 Good size Flatheads out Of Mooball Creek's Mouth.

Perfect Weather just like last weekend, Tides were right on, clear water, I thought "YES" actual event "No".

Not many reports of flatheads been caught there at the mouth since, down the River yes though, does the rain wash a lot of fish out to the sea areas? As the vegetation becomes more greater with the new sediments that have been washed into certain areas?

Or did I just knock of a mother and father and it's two kids. Just amazing that when you look into some areas, the fish are not there.

Then you look in and say sea Mullet or Whiting skimming the surface in the son they are there fighting like Hell.

Actually been in water in Mooball creek say half way up my to my chest nearly watching the mullet float by, wondering ???????? How do I get these little bludgers.

So definately, wind must play a part, cause fish seem to just vanish and disappear, so they obviously go elsewhere.

Though the other part is do Moon Phases really cause much of a impact?

One other thing I have noticed is that certain types of birds in areas are greater fishing areas, that's obvious really. Red Hawke*or some form of Sea Hawke?, different types of seagulls, and most of all those duck divers (*can't think of the name at the momment*).

Sorry for all the ???

chiefsimo
01-11-2005, 12:23 PM
The rain generally pushes the freshwater further downstream, which has the effect of flushing the creek and pushing the bait fish down toward the mouth, depending on how much rain of course. This is where the bigger fish congregate as this is where the food is for them.

As for the wind, i find that is deends on the shape of the gutter - with the prevailing wind often pushing the swell into a cerain direction which, hits the sandbank of the gutter at a certain angle, dislodging more food.

I find the South Easterly usually turn the fish on better then the NE'ly ? Westerly winds certainly make life more enoyable on the beach!

I would be interested ot hear what others think on the NE wind affecting the beach fishing ?

SweetXR6
01-11-2005, 04:35 PM
thanks for the reply mate, I really want to learn this art.

My old man, never took time to relax and enjoy life.

Though it's a rod dangling for fish, it's a darn good way to relax after a hard week at the office.

Anyhows I appreciate all who have responded.