PDA

View Full Version : Johnstone River 31/10

Bad_Bubby
01-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey guys,

Well who here was able to get in a final trip before the closed season? luckily my brother was in the mood for a drive to Innisfail which is one of my favoured barra locations. Within a few minutes I hooked up to an acrobatic fish that threw the hook until finally coming up solid on the below 78cm barra. It just slammed my live mullet and went on some crazy runs across the surface. Bring on the open season again please :'(

Any_Weather
01-11-2005, 03:39 AM
Mate, top class fish. When does the season re-open???

-spiro-
01-11-2005, 09:10 AM
I remember catching my first barra under the bridge at Johnstone river. I caught plenty more with my drag net, but nothing like the thrill of catching them on line. ;D

stunnedmullet
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Nice work Bad Bubby. Tried pretty hard myself over the weekend but only managed grunter [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] damn nice eating.Swam some great looking livies in the bohle with no barra interested. Neighbor scored 3 barra to 90cms and a 1m long blue salmon while trolling the mouth on thursday so they were definitely around.
The mullet

Daintreeboy
01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
well done mate. We had a go for no luck. A mate got his first ever a few days prior to the closure but it was only 50 cm, he was still happy!
We had one last go Monday arvo and nailed a metre long Barra.....cuda that is! The fishiong in the last 4 or 5 days has gone a bit quiet with the SE winds over 20 knots up this way. I expect it to fire when they nick off.
Cheers, Mark.

fishsmith
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Nice last miute barra for the season..well done

vertico
01-11-2005, 07:55 PM
nice barra bubby

Bad_Bubby
02-11-2005, 12:15 AM
thanx guys 8-),

Any_weather: The season re-opens on 1st February at midday...its gunna be a long wait

WHITTO
02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
;) ;)G'Day Bad Bubby,
When the season fires up again head down to the Public Wharf near the Jubilee Bridge in Innisfail, If yo have a boat travel under the bridge on the same side as the boat ramp and about 50 mts passed the bridge near the CWA building, there is a rock ledge,I strongly suggest you try your luck there, Spiro knows where Iam talking about and maybe you have already tried there.

Also try the bridge near the Hospital (the one that takes you down to the Coconuts) and at the hospital end try around the pylons,has produced some nice Barra. Don't have to remind you but I will look out for the Brown Gecko's.
Good Fishin to you, Cheers Whitto ;) ;)

Bad_Bubby
03-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah mate I've tried all those places and had varying success at all of them during the time I lived in Innisfail. At the rock ledge I caught my first legal barra on nilsmaster invincible (a day I will never forget 8-)) so I know that place very well. Had a little bit of success landbased in the other spots too, even wrote a bit about them on my website. I don't have a boat but in my opinion with the range of fishing opportunities available it is not always essential to be in one. I'll certainly be down that way come February if I am still in this neck of the woods :).