PDA

View Full Version : Pinkenba Squire Bag out

Steven78
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I asked the boss for a day off work “Thanks Stephen”. The plan was head out to Mud and drift the same old spot. The weather was on the shady side so I turned back and tried my other spot near the sunken wall at Pinkenba. I got there around 4:30am or a little later. On my first drift I got 2 Squire around 36cms. The following drift I got 2 more 1 x 45cm and the other 40cm. At this stage I thought I would bag out so I turned on the live well which died a few minutes later the pump was damaged #:-X oh well another project for a windy day. So I kept on drifting and catching legal sized fish which I was releasing. I wanted to catch that big one so I could join the Foggy 5+ club. The fish started to slow down so I decided to keep another 38cm squire #;D . Now that I had baged out on Sqiure I thought Jew and flathead was the answer so I kept on drifting and then Wahoo I was onto something big. It took about 50m of line the first and second run. I was thinking Jew but it was not it was just another squire around the 65cm mark which I released this would have been my PB as i did not want to keep the fish out of the water for a long time i was unable to take a pic. I meet and Ausfish member out there who was trying his luck with surface poppers after chatting for a while about SP’s I gave him a fish and decided to pull stumps. Sorry mate I forgot your name. I then headed back home via the office to give a workmate a fish.
I was home by 12pm and very happy and cannot wait to get back out there.
Thanks Stephen for letting me have the day off.
I was using ZOOMS in baby bass.
This has to be one of the best trips i have had.

Steven78
04-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Here is the esky view ready for the trip to the frige

SimonT
04-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Looks like I should start fishing in the river again!!! Good work.

liltuffy
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Great effort Steve, I remember when all you would catch was a few churchill bream and catfish at the wall, seems things have changed a bit

foggy
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Trying to sneak your way into that club eh? # LOL ;)

Mate, u could have taken me. #Sitting at home this morning thinking about a landbased mission, but the rain put me off.

A 65cm fish in the river is good going any day. Well done. #

Mud Sunday?

Steven78
04-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I am going for a Mud Misson if you in on it Foggy 4am :)

outsiderskip
04-11-2005, 05:13 PM
fishing in river is great

cheers pete

Steven78
04-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I will be going out there again Saturday 4:50am. And i might take the risk and go to Mud

aquarius
04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Great effort Steven, Some quality squire for the Brissy River.
Was there much run in the current?
I remember fishing the sunken wall some years back and only got a few small bream.
Mud Sunday sounds good to me but just not sure what the forecast is doing at present........Seabreeze is changing up and down so will wait till Saturday lunch time to make a decission.
Was looking at doing an overnighter.
Mate your getting close to the 5kilo+ club catching squire that size in the river........Hope you bag that big one at Mud.
Go the ZOOMS
Cheers Brent ;)

Steven78
04-11-2005, 10:57 PM
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steven78
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I forgot to mention that the pro's where around Mud most of the day so there must be some good fish there

vertico
05-11-2005, 04:16 AM
zooms are quality plastics , head out to mud or the bay islands in search of a bay snapper

StevenM
05-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Nice show of fish, hope the weather hangs off, not looking good at the mo, wanna go but mum not happy at the moment.

Cheers Steven

Cheech
05-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Or at least they were there till they raped and pillaged.

Great effort. Never heard of anyone bagging out in the river so you have done very well.

Cheech