PDA

View Full Version : Shultz Canal, Needs a clean up!

magik
08-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey all, been out of country for a while but now i'm back i'll put reports back up :D

fished shutz canal (Northern side of the airport). Fished under the M1 bridge as that was the only real structure, snags everywhere :( Started moving along the bank, whilst dodging needles and heaps of glass/rubbish >:( Didn't even get a hit until i stumbled upon a creek where there were a few bait shoals. Fished a 3"plastic and my first fish was a 4" bream, greedy bugger! Then a flattie and lastly a bream would have stayed long but mozzies were trying to drag me off! Has potential on a high tide as it's pretty shallow there, and fish the Northern bank as it's easier to access the water/creeks. Only fished for 2 hours and most of that involved walking. Got myself a nice thrown net though :) Some poor bugger had thrown it over a pole ;D and the tide was low enought for me to wade out and get it. It was too far gone for fix but it provided me with 125 sinkers :)

Could have been worse ;)

Paul

land_based
08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
nice report mate, how do you access this creek? Do you go out the airport drive??

NeMo84
08-11-2005, 11:01 AM
yeh i was there on the weekend and it was filthy, early saturday morning that is after the rain, went for a walk had a few casts then left to try somewhere else...

Kai_Lo
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Pual

Thanks a lot for your sinkers, and how did you go last night? any luck?

Cheers

Kai

land-lubber
08-11-2005, 01:41 PM
How many shopping trolleys did u hook??? ;D ;D ;D
they put up a darn good fight ;D

NeMo84
08-11-2005, 11:45 PM
friggin shopping trolleys!!!! [smiley=angryfire.gif]

NeMo84
08-11-2005, 11:47 PM
good structure if you work your lure alongside em though as oppose to not seeing them and casting right into the middle of em ;)