PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Fraser

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Gday all
Back from a week at fraser. Stayed at orchid beach.
There wasn't much weed about the top of the island but we wern't doing much beach fishing.

Not to many fish about in the first few days but they came on the chew on the last couple of days around waddy. I hooked up to something unstoppable that nearly pulled me off the rocks ;D ;D # But i locked my feet in and gave it heaps before he got me around another rock and busted me off.

Took the boat up there and because of the weather only spent about three hours on the water in it >:( oh well it was an experiance to tow the boat up there. Only got one parrot and a spangeled emperor??

The beach accesses points were soft on the way up there and i needed a tow through but it rained a bit while we were up there and i didn't need a tow on the way back.

There was a nissan patroll up at nargarla rocks going real cheep. And it has had a reely good wash too. ;D
Even though the weather was a bit rough we still had pleanty of drinks to pass the time.

Great place
Anyfish

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Crazy bugger tried to go around nagarla rocks at midnight :D :D

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
And another one a few days after the first

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Guess who had to take everybody's drinks up ;) ;)

(I just had to stack em up for the photo)

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 05:59 PM
These ones came on the last night and were split up between the 4 family's

jackash
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Some nice choppers there, and a few very good bream... is that a drummer or two up the top right or am i just seeing a dart or bream weird :-??
Cheers
JAckash

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep got a few good bream
I don't know what they were neither did the blokes that kept em :(
(I only seen them when we got back to the house).
My guess is a drummer of some sort.

chemmy
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
how big were the tailor?

nice fish mate were you using bait or slugs?

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Chemmy
Mine was the biggest of the trip caught the day before the photo(2nd last day) at around 6-8lb (a bit hard to guess after so many rums)
We used both bait and slugs but they were smashing the 55gram halco twisties and wouldn't touch the raiders.
You can judge the size a bit by looking at the can in the background.

anyfish

jackash
08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
6 or 8lb is a BL**DY NICE TAILOR! What'd you get that one on???
Cheers
JAckash

Scott15
08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah good fish,

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Gees go easy ;D ;D

Like i said it is a bit hard to guess after so many rums. :o
I will ask one of the blokes who didn't drink that day to give an accurate weight and post back here tomorrow
He might have a bit more of an idea than me.

cheers

anyfish

mattooty
08-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Beautiful swag of fish there. The bloke who owned the nissan wouldnt be too happy bout that. Did it end up coming out of there? Loved the rum shot.
Seems to be all the younger ausfish members replying to this one, jackash, chemmy, scott15 ;D
Matt

gawby
08-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Bad luck about the weather there anyfish.
Would have been good to see a report from you if you could have got to spot x i gave you.
Looks like you had fun with the rum anyhow.
Maybe next time.
Good luck
Graeme

straddie
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Mmmmm bundy :) I would have to think hard about hijacking that ute if was left unattended ;D

Some decent fish regardless of the weather. Gee the rust hit that patrol hard and fast, she will be little more than a memory in no time.

krazed1
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
some nice fish. but i must say the highlight for me is that ute packed hard with rum, you can drop that off here anytime ;)

ANYFISH
08-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Just caught up with the boys.
They reckon about 6 - 6 1/2lb was the bigest tailor :)
The bloke who owned the nissan didn't seem to be worried about it. He reckons his insurance will cover it (good luck)

Here is another one of about 30 photos. Why would you even try to get around these rocks [smiley=huh2.gif]

anyfish

straddie
08-11-2005, 11:38 PM
"He reckons his insurance will cover it (good luck) "

Either he has a very good (and very expensive) insurance policy or he is in for a rude shock. Even having your tyre pressure down for the beach is enough for some insurers to reject claims if you have an accident.

Benno
09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Some good fish there mate..well done. Sent you a pm to..
Benno