PDA

View Full Version : First Report - Wello last Friday

Lager
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
This is my first Ausfish report and hopefully I will make a few more.
We set out last Friday arvo to give my new aquamaster tinnie a run and to try our luck with plastics on the Wello shallows.
After a few initial throwback tiddlers we managed to score a 65cm flathead and a 46cm squire. #Lost a few unstoppables but were very pleased with getting a feed considering the sloppy conditions. #Thanks to Craig for bringing out his camera.

Nathan #

aquarius
09-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Good eating size squire you got there mate......hope you get many more in the months to come.

Cheers Brent :)

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-11-2005, 06:43 AM
AAAAAGH,Not another Wello franger man ::) :P,nice fish there mate,they like those watermelon thingos eh!!, look forward to more reports.Cheers Touchy.><>

Benno
10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Well done mate, perfect size for the pan..

beefaman
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Nice work!!! Gotta love Wello!!

Gee Brent, we need to stop reporting on Wello for a while I feel...... ;) too many people fishing there again..... :o
Seriously though, it is so convenient, and a great fishery!! :)

MICHAELG
10-11-2005, 08:13 AM
well done Nathan, always good to blood new boat quickly. put a pic up of her. Bet you cant wait to take it down to yamba

Michael

ps so Craig didn't catch anything hey ohh so sad ;D

SURLY
10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately for you Michael, not only was I camera boy I was the one who caught the flathead.

Cheers craig

Argle
10-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Nice squire, well done

Lager
10-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone. Wello is a great place to fish especially with the frangers. I still have a long way to go to match the consistent performances of the regular Wello plastic experts (e.g Brent, Touchy, Beefaman etc) but hopefully persistance and practice will pay off.
Michael, Craig normally outfishes me with the frangers and he did catch the flathead. I am very impressed with the new aquamaster rig and will be giving it a run at Yamba soon. Will post some pics asap in the boating chat area.

beefaman
10-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Patience and practice is the key to it alright....once you work it out is HEAPS easier!! ::)