PDA

View Full Version : Mud Delivers Again

foggy
13-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Same place, different day. Headed out this morning in the hope of getting a mate his first snapper. Arrived at Mud at around 4.30am and first fish, 60cm, in the boat by 4.45am. Ended up with 6 fish ranging from 38cm to 68cm. Plastic of choice was once again the powerbaits in pumpkinseed and watermelon. The trawler activity during the week did not seem to have affected the fishing.

The 5" powerbait in watermelon I love so much are not being produced any more. :'(. #Might have to switch to the zooms. Tried then this morning as well for 2 of the keepers plus a few throw backs including cod and sweetlip.

I actually went up to 14lb line and leader today to try and prevent the massive bustoffs that I have been getting out there. But alas, to no avail, I still managed to get slaughtered by another big fish. Maybe I should try 50lb ;D.

Thanks Kristian for a great morning and I hope I helped you enough to get you catching snapper regularly.

13-11-2005, 10:17 PM
who told you 5 inch watermelon powerbaits are not in production anymore?

foggy
13-11-2005, 10:22 PM
About 10 tackle shops. Somthing about not being a big seller. I have rang a lot of places and they all tell me the same thing. Hopefully its not right.

outsiderskip
14-11-2005, 05:33 AM
hi foggy

nice feed fish for the bay

cheers pete

snapattack
14-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Not again. Good work mate. What are you doing Tuesday? May be able to swing a day off. We could not get a scale out there on Saturday. Ended up with 3 undersize and 2 bustoffs.

I will have a look at a few of my local tackle shops for those powerbaits for you, but me thinks they are all gone.

Billo
14-11-2005, 08:44 AM
nice catch foggy

good to see the trawlers didn't catch everything :-?
I may be out there haunting whats left tomorrow morn

Gotta agree with the pumpkinseed & Watermelon powerbaits .....my choice of frangers for the snapps also ;)

aquarius
14-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Nice fish once again Graham, Mate i reckon green is definately the number 1 colour for the bay.
Just think if we could only get the Berkley and Zoom companies to join forces what an awsome combination it would be..lol
I CAN FEEL ANOTHER MUD TRIP COMING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Brent ;) :)

Fishin_Dan
14-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Some very nice fish there mate!

Interesting in your colour choices, as on Sunday I was out there, and had no hits on the Pumpkin or Watermelon.

As soon as I switched over to the Blue (Don't know the actual colour name, but they're Berkleys 3" light see-through blue with dark blue glitter) I got heaps of fish. Most undersize, but a few keepers. Other colours got nothing. Also tried the Chartreuse, but nothing on that either....

Will have to get some big versions of those blue ones I think! :D

foggy
14-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Dan,
We went through a packet and a half of pumpkinseed 4" powerbaits, a packet of 4" watermelon and 6 or so zooms in green all before 8am

Wyoming
14-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Well done Graham: I understand that they are going to rename Mud Island to Foggy Island.... I wonder why?

Cheech
14-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Foggy,

Was interested to read that you up'ed your braid to 14lb. Have you noticed much drop in action (reaction). Had another go a week ago with my same 6lb fireline, but after a big run and bust off, I realised I was kidding myself so have upgraded to 10lb fireline on my light rig. Maybe I need to go higher. Particularly if you are still getting them on heavier braid.

Cheech

Fishin_Dan
14-11-2005, 06:51 PM
But then again Craig.... Look at what you catch when you DID use the 6lb!!! That monster snapper!

Maybe I should have brought my 4lb outfit!!! ha ha ha ;D

Steven78
14-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Well Done Graham I wish i was there ): What was the wind like?

foggy
15-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Steven, The wind was OK. There were smaller boats than yours out there.

Cheech, Check your PMs

Wyoming, I think snapper alley would be more appropriate at the moment

I am looking forward to the big lippers that should start appearing they do every year at this time. You thought those snapper pull hard, wate until you hook a 5or6k sweetlip out ther and you will know all about pulling power.

But not at Mud ;)

SSSSSHHHHHH its a secret. ;D

vertico
15-11-2005, 09:44 PM
foggy send me a pm if you want me to look for it from basspro next time i do an order