PDA

View Full Version : Mud Sat Night

2DKnBJ
14-11-2005, 09:13 PM
This trip was totaly unplanned and only decided to go at 11 am Sat morning.
The weather wasn't looking to bad with the predicted change for the morning.
Had the boat in the water by 3 pm and off we go.Get to Mud and drop some pots in and try a spot on the N/W tip but was a bit lumpy for the young fella so headed down south and dropped the pick for the night.Not alot about but plenty of small stuff to keep us interested.Decided to bed down about 9.00 pm for an early start in the morning.About 12.15 I was woken by the sound of rain drops on the sleeping bag and as i sat up the whole sky lit up.Having not been venturing out in the bay for that long I almost S$%T myself.Having heard and read some stories :-?Didn't want to get zapped by lightning so laid the rods down took the arial off and put up the makeshift canopy and hung on tight.
The storm passed pretty quick although we did get a bit wet and was a bit cramped in the sleeping department for the rest of the night or should i say seating.Not much sleep to be had >:(
After the storm passed there were clear skies and we witnessed something I have never seen before.With the Moon almost full and rain still falling not far away we saw a rainbow.Couldn't get a pic as i had left the camera at home.
Got the boat in order in the morning and headed up to check the pots and then onto some fishing.Still plenty of small stuff around and only had 2 keepers so ended up keeping 2 little shovelies to add to the feed.Back home by 12.30.
When i went to take the fish out of the box I noticed something rather strange.one of the shovelies had done the maternal thing and had given birth before dying.Had heard about sharks doing this but had never seen it.there were 6 in total all with what looked like an egg yolk attached to them.
All in all a very interesting weekend on the water.
Cheers Dazza

2DKnBJ
14-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Babies

nigelr
15-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Looks like some nice crabs there mate. well done

masterdusky
15-11-2005, 07:19 PM
not bad though...but keeping the shovels...PFFFT....!!! just my .2c though.

krause69
15-11-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah mate same thing happened to me once went to a trip to Bribie One weekend and went fishing for the day got back cheked the crap pots and got some nice muddies and sandies last pot and there was a gummie shark in it about 1m took it back the the jetty where we were staying cleaned it and there were 8 little ones in it still kicking with a little bit of a york sack left put all them back in the water under the jetty put some whiting frames in to and there were all swimming around sucking around eating the stuff off the bottom really put a smile on my face and the good thing was they will have a better chance of survivning becuase it was in a canal cheers krause ;)

Brejen
15-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Mate i'd get them crabs looked at.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .

Good on ya Dazz.

Brett