PDA

View Full Version : western rocks

POOTSY
16-11-2005, 07:33 AM
my mate chrisso and i have been fishing around this area just past combyuro point, it's got piles of coffee rock, and loads of bait, it's in about 10 or 12 metres of water. We've been getting a few here, but keep hearing about some nice cobia being caught in the area, we haven't seen any there yet, and i rekon maybee the spot we're on isn't what they call the western rocks area? anyone got a clue to the general area

Billo
16-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you are in the right spot .
If the bait is there , then you are definately not in a bad position ....have you tried doing some serious berlying ?

The cobes will come in and out for a feed ...sometimes need a little assistance to raise them and get them chewing ...get the pilly cubes going !

JComino
16-11-2005, 10:40 AM
When you get around Comboyuro Point all you need to do is look for the other boats that are anchored to the north. It's almost impossible to go out there on a good forecast and not find a big cluster of boats, especially at this time of the year. Billo is right too, you need to anchor and burley like you have never burleyed before. Last weekend we went through two blocks of pilchards and a whole mack tuna in three hours. Be careful though not to drive up anyones burley trail as people tend to get upset when you do.

Jason.