PDA

View Full Version : Bait Bait and More Bait

webby
13-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Took the cousin Marty and his son Pat for a jaunt around the now Famous Mud Today with great weather.
Got stuck into the squire/snaps first with 6 on ice for the morning work, then drifted the northern bays for some nice lizards and yes they came on Plastics, which is all i use for them ;).
Bumped into Cheech Charters who came sniffing around and his deckie Dan. Believe he was out learning all about them rubbers. ;D
Back at the ramp by lunch.
First trip in the bay for these two aspiring fishos, so couldnt let them go home empty handed.
Shit loads of mack tuna in the n/west bay, so had some fun with them also.
regards

Young Pat with his first bay lizard

webby
13-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Pat with the 3 best squire

webby
13-11-2005, 07:03 PM
the haul of bay lizards

ShaneJ
13-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Nice work mate. I wish I could get a catch like that out there :(

aquarius
13-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Nice catch there Brian.......The young bloke looks very happy with those squire.
We fished Mud yesterday early for a few squire but after sunrise they shut down.
That place can be on fire one day and dead quiet the next.
We might have to start soaking the plastics in tuna oil....lol
Cheers Brent ;)

skippa
13-11-2005, 08:10 PM
We might have to start soaking the plastics in tuna oil....lol
Cheers Brent

Or Brent maybe try Leon's 'magic spray' .......

vertico
13-11-2005, 08:18 PM
nice fish there brian

rajawolf
14-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Good bit of fishing there Brain.

outsiderskip
14-11-2005, 05:16 AM
hi webby
good to see juniors fishing
had a good day caught a few fish

cheers pete

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-11-2005, 06:39 AM
G'day Spiderman,(may have to change that to frangerman soon eh! :o), bet the boys were happy with the outing & iceing on the cake with a few fish too I bet, we will have to catch up soon I have some new flattie frangers to try down at the pin,tho' to date they have caught bay Squire,Sweeties & Cod(tho' I'm starting to think a piece of white rag would catch a bay cod at the moment :)),I'm sure these frangers would work well on the Rainbow flattie population, see if we can organise a trip soon.Cheers Mate.Touchy.><>

Billo
14-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Conditions look brilliant Webby.....nice feed there too , good catch of squire and some lizards to boot, not a bad day !

Fish_Lightning
14-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Webby,

Good catch there mate, i am surprised that Dan and Cheech didn't raid your catch or at least get on all fours and beg for some fish........

Fishin_Dan
14-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Webby,

Good catch there mate, i am surprised that Dan and Cheech didn't raid your catch or at least get on all fours and beg for some fish........

Nice try mate! ;D

Got my own feed I caught myself in the fridge... ;) I know what I'm having for dinner!!!

It was a good day out there, and am still in shock at Cheech saying it was a "plastics only" run! Although we now have to rename the bait board, cause it was used for all the destroyed plastics tails!!!

webby
14-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Fish Lightning, yeah mate they were like a couple of blood hounds sniffing around ;D.
Might have to change the colour of my rig ;D
As for the plastic only Dan, though i saw some flesh sitting on the bait board ;)
Freddy me boy, Rainbow sounds like a good idea, will let you try my plastic crabs on some blackspots.
Give u a call soon.
Shit loads of boats at Mud and all in the same area, so we headed elsewhere.
regards

Cheech
14-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Geeze Webby,,, your strange sense of humour will give me a bad name. As I recall it, I waved as we went past a cardinal going to the next mark, and then who called who? Then who was at the openning that I had to detour round to get out?

I also thought that school of bait was the same school we were casting to before you arrived.

But if that constitutes sniffing,,,,,

;D Cheech

adriancorrea
14-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Now the truths starting to come out lol

Well done webby, good catch for the morning

Tight Lines
Adrian

thedeckie
15-11-2005, 08:38 AM
G'day Webby,
You said you were using plastics on those flat head,Im heading to northern NSW over xmas and want to have a try for flat head on plastics,can you give up your secret plastic,i will get a few and give it a try.

Thanks
Paul (The Deckie)

PS: When's that fishing trip on????

Fishin_Dan
15-11-2005, 11:33 AM
YEAH!!! You tell em Craig!!! ;D

Cheech Charters - AKA The Webby Basher! ;) HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Fishin_Dan
15-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Webby - The flesh you saw was probably our keepers... Might look like bait compared to the quality of fish you catch... :o

I'll get there one day! ;D

NeMo84
15-11-2005, 02:33 PM
hey thedeckie(Paul), flathead to be honest arent to fussy at all about what plastics they eat, only if u want to get nice size flatties use big plastics ;)

JayT
15-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey Webby, bin following your reports for years in B.B, new member to Ausfish, by the look of it I have nine more posts before I can PM you for some inside bay info, regular fisher of all the famous haunts, still havent landed a trophy fish yet! Would appreciate any tips.
Cheers Jason.

webby
16-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi Paaul, Some of my favourites are in the Storm range and Prawnsters, but as Nemo said lizard with attack most plastics if your bounce the past there nose.
Hi Jay T welcome mate, yeah give us a call and we may be able to get out somewhere.
Paul piccy below
regards

Scott15
16-11-2005, 07:46 PM
love the prawnsters