PDA

View Full Version : Bit of fun off Gladstone

Owen
16-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Bit of a late report.
Snuck out last Sunday despite the predicted winds.
Headed off from Boyne about 4.30AM into pretty messy conditions and decided to sit on the outside of Facing for a bit of protection.
After about 1/2 hour sitting and catching nothing I was packing up to move when I heard this splashing close to the boat. Looked up to see the water boiling about 10m from the boat so I threw out a lure and set off.
Almost immediately the drag was screaming. After a short fight it threw the hook just as it got to the boat :(
Back in with the lure and about two minutes later I hooked up with this bugger that gave me a bit of a run.

Things quietened down after that, so seeing that the tide had started to go out and was no longer against the wind I decided to head out to seal rocks for a quick look.
Got a grassy and a parrot in quick time before the wind started to make it too messy.

cheers,

Owen

Owen
16-11-2005, 05:10 PM
The rest of the catch

vertico
16-11-2005, 05:20 PM
not a bad haul

DNO40
17-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Owen,

Good stuff considering the conditions.

DNO

harry_h01
17-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Nice catch Owen

Looks like Christmas should be good with some of the reports hanging around here at work. There have been some nice fish caught and it isn't really the start of the major run yet.

Harry

Bonesy
17-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Great work Owen

Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DNO40
18-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Did you fish solo ...... I can't imagine Sandy getting up that early. I Know for certain that Debbie wouldn't.

DNO