PDA

View Full Version : Bay 05/11/05 Late Report. 1st Post

michaeld
18-11-2005, 08:13 PM
G'day everyone. This is my first post so go easy. Been looking at the chat boards for awhile so thought was time to join. Went out in a mates boat in the bay a couple of weeks ago, left bribie about 5.30, was looking good until we hit the banks on the other side with choppy conditions and rain. Got to the M1 beacon to jig for bait but none there. Proceded to the M2 for the same result. Decided to anchor up and float some pillies down towards the beacon. Within ten minutes reels started to go with a school of mackeral chasing. We managed to get 4 on board with a few lost from bite offs #:) Things went quiet so waited for the swell to ease before heading out to western rock where live bait was also hard to come by.. Anyway Anchored up and started the berley trail.. Was awhile before anything happened when my mate hooked a nice mack tuna.. Left at about 12 for a nice run back to M2 for another go. Anchored up and set the trail once again.. Got a nice cobe out of it. Was my first decent cobe so decided to let him go. There shall be plenty more i hope. Got back to the ramp about 2.30. Had a ball. hopefully more time can be spent out there.

Cheers, will try to post pics.

Spaniard_King
18-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Welcome Michaeld,

you have done exceptionally well for your first report [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Good to hear ya boated some Mackeral, we are talkin spots or Doggies??

The water seems to be quite volatile ATM so number will be sporadic till the temp setlles down

Garry

Why-ting
18-11-2005, 09:06 PM
nice report mate, top fish aswell ;)

Argle
19-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Great work! Thats a very nice cobe, good to see you let him swim away too well done!

Fishinmishin
19-11-2005, 11:01 AM
A very nice 1st report and you've done well to show some respect to the fish gods by releasing the cobe. Be awarw that posting exact marks or beacons in reports will find your productive spots full of boating traffic next time although it's good to see people willing to help others get onto some fish.
If you leave from bribie....give us a holler when you see me on the water.
Cheers, Jay

Scott15
19-11-2005, 11:26 AM
nice cobe michael, still waiting on mine :-/

michaeld
19-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys,
They were only doggies Garry but still good fun to catch. Have pics but having trouble trying to post them.
We had caught enough for a feed so i let the cobe go, didn't see the point in taking more than we needed. Plus just getting out there is enough fun for me.

Jay, heading out there tomorrow so might see you there, will be a late start though.

Franco
19-11-2005, 12:04 PM
The almighty Fish Gods will be bless-ed upon thee my Son! Especially for such an honourable cobia-spirit sacrifice back to the seas.

Welcome to the site.

outsiderskip
19-11-2005, 01:57 PM
good report 4
1st timer nice cobe too

cheers pete