PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at a report with pics

bigpoly
19-11-2005, 03:50 PM
This report is two weeks old but I will put down the details. Headed to the beacons Monday 2 weeks ago. Very strong SE wind blowing against tide which made it bumpy. Threw some silver slugs at all the beacons without success so I decided to head for the wrecks and just enjoy the pleasure of being on the water. After about two hours and a few cups of tea and a very relaxing snooze the tide was about to turn so I headed for the biggest of the 4 beacons. Second cast I was on. The TSS 4 was screaming and I was quickly loosing the battle as what ever was attached got closer to the beacon. The fight ended with a break off. I suspect a tuna but it could have been a cobia. Anyway to keep along story short the next hour and a half was spent casting at the eddie and pulling some decent mackeral and one pretty good mack tuna which went straight to the bait fridge.

Sti_Brumby
19-11-2005, 04:37 PM
nice catch buddy, looking liek your have a feed sometime soon ;D

bigpoly
19-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks mate. The fish are already gone. I took some girls from work out last Sunday and got a similar catch. One of the girls hooked a good mack tuna which nearly pulled her arms off. She wants to go out again and catch a bigger one.

bigpoly
19-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks mate. The fish are already gone. I took some girls from work out last Sunday and got a similar catch. One of the girls hooked a good mack tuna which nearly pulled her arms off. She wants to go out again and catch a bigger one.

Spaniard_King
19-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Handy lookin crew there poly ;)

Scott15
19-11-2005, 06:31 PM
nice fish, looks like 2 diff types of mackies there

DNO40
19-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Good one, the crew looks happy.

DNO

bigpoly
19-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes the crew was very happy. They want to go out again. Not that keen as all the fish were caught spinning and the girls just could not get the speed so I was spinning for about 1.5 hours non stop. I would hook them and they would line up to play them. We lost about 5 more bigger fish at the boat because they did not listen well to instructions. Anyway it was great just to listen to them laugh and talk about how much fun it was.

lukesnapper
19-11-2005, 08:29 PM
good catch there bigpoly!