PDA

View Full Version : top day at curtain reef

lukesnapper
19-11-2005, 10:20 PM
left thismornin in a mates 8 metre centre consile lookin 4 makeral, it was a beautiful mornin on the bay so we made our way to 4 beakons only catching one nice mac tuna. we kept moving making our way to the curtain reef, after ten minutes anchored up on a good ledge a bit deeper. a mates rod takes off, this thing had some power and with 20 pound line he had to take his time, we were all thinkin cobes but when it finally surfaced it was a yellow tail kingy that went 15 kilos, good fish. after another 15 minutes burlying up there was heaps of colour under the boat havin a feed with some very big black shadows down there. next minute bang hes off again this thing absoulutely screaming his line off! almost being spooled we had to give the chase, we were all so sure it was a big cobe. half an hour later and taking us at least 200 metres up into the shallows we had colour, this was huge! playin it 4 another 10 min and after several more big runs it was gaffed! a yellow fin tuna that went 45 kilos and was around 1200 long! :o we were all amazed and have never seen a tuna at this size. i wish i had my camera with me but it was flat at home i shouldnt have taken it out friday night >:( got some good fillets off the kingy but didnt hang round to c how the hell they were guna cut that monster up.ill try get some photos e mailed to me.

matthill80
19-11-2005, 10:29 PM
be good to see some pics well done mate

cheers matt

mackmauler
19-11-2005, 10:37 PM
45kg tuna from the bay and no pics does it get any better that that, I reckon if you went to tangas you would have had every jap snappin like there sushi depended on it lol.

vertico
19-11-2005, 10:39 PM
i gotta see these pics

lukesnapper
19-11-2005, 10:40 PM
got pics but not on my camera! ill definately do my best to chase them up so use can all have a geeze!

SeaSaw
19-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Thats a great fish to find in the bay :o .... can't wait for the pics, they are a great looking fish especially the really big ones with long sickle fins.

Cheers,

Mark

adriancorrea
19-11-2005, 11:08 PM
wouldve needed a panoramic camera for that one ;)
Cant wait to see those pics, well done there

Tight Lines
Adrian

Spaniard_King
20-11-2005, 06:17 AM
45...wow

top effort that

Garry

Baycruiser
20-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Awsome stuff, can't wait to see the pics. Was about 1km from Curtain was thinking about having a fish there but played around the M9 beacon instead. Got buzzed by a couple of big cobes there....they came after a livie on my bait jig. Got a livie out on the heavy gear hoping for a quick hook up but the cobes bolted :'( :'(

Enjoy your yearly supply of Sushi!!!

aquarius
20-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Mate thats awsome, what line class?......like the others said waiting to see the pics.
Cheers Brent

damons33
20-11-2005, 10:07 AM
i bet my nuts its a nthn blue/longtail/tongul tuna!
great fish anyhow.
damon