PDA

View Full Version : Peel Island - 19 Nov 05

joeT
19-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Headed out to Peel again very early this morning, fished the sunrise and the fish were on from first cast. A heap of just legal squire as well as undersize, our first legal grass sweetlip, and also a bit of surface action which turned out to be tailor (my first tailor on SP's). Highlight of the day was my dad's hookup of a 60cm squire which tipped the scales at 2.58kg (does it pass as a snapper?). He has now upped the ante with the biggest squire/snapper caught from my boat. My best fish for the day was a 42cm squire. I swear that they fight harder in summer.

By 9am there were so many boats out on the bay so decided to call it a day.

I have now totally converted to just fishing with sp's at this spot, bait just doesn't seem to work as well.

SP's used were assassins in baby bass, watermelon seed, pumpkinseed, and charteruse.

ShaneJ
19-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Nice work mate. What time did you arrive there? Must of been early cause the sun was comming up at 4:15 this morning :-?

JayT
19-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice fish Joe,
Am sure there ain't nothin a softie cant entice!
Well done mate!
Should hav bin fishin myself, instead of drownin the kidneys :)

lukesnapper
19-11-2005, 10:51 PM
good catch joe, good on 4 getin into the sp's. thats why they fight harder!

aquarius
20-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Joe top report and great to see the SP's working for you and your Dad.
Mate you can call the fish a snapper or a snappery/squire either way they all taste beaut on the plate.
Yep they hit at a hundred miles per hour on the SP's and thats what gets the adrenaline pumping...lol
Cheers Brent :)

damons33
20-11-2005, 10:10 AM
snapper=4kg plus!
:-?
damon