PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba Last Tuesday

Frank_Oostenbroek
18-11-2005, 10:00 AM
We left Mooloolaba at 04:30am and were met by a some large green waves, but being an optimist, we ventured out towards the blinker. #It wasn’t long before one of the reels burst into action. #A few minutes later we said goodbye to a Yellow fin Tuna who obviously did not want to become sashimi.

When we finally reached the 55 metre mark the waves had settled a bit and you could almost stand up unsupported. #

Nat dropped a 10 inch plastic over the side and was immediately greeted by a 5kg Snapper. #Dear old Dad followed soon after with his smaller version of just over 3.4kg.

Not to be out done Ben and I both found the mark with a couple of amberjack around 11kg.

The day was topped off with a visit from a few bright blue Dolphin Fish who obviously wanted to have a look inside the boat.

We kept a couple of Snapper and the Dolphin. #All the rest were returned to fight another day.

Frank_Oostenbroek
18-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Threesome

Frank_Oostenbroek
18-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Amberjack

lukesnapper
18-11-2005, 10:36 AM
what agood day guys, a couple of good size snapper u got there! i bet they taste great!

dfox
18-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Good report and welcome to aus fish frank, great to see another mooloolaba offshore fisho! Looks like youve got a nice boat there! yammy 4 strokes ;) ;) ...foxy

Frank_Oostenbroek
18-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Took delivery of my 685 Cruisecraft Outsider in April. Being a bit safety conscious I decided to duplicate everything. 2 x 115 Yamaha 4 strokes 3 batteries. One as a house battery.

Jason O'Brien from Wynnum Marine made it all happen on time and continues to take a genuine interest even after the sale is done. Great bunch of professional people.

Big_Ren
18-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Some great fish there FrankOO. We were going to venture out Tuesday morning but chickened out out the last minute. Were you out at the Banks in 55m? That is certainly a tasty brace of AJs. It looks like you were using Jigs Ace jigs perhaps. What size 350g? Any pics of the dollie?

Cheers
Paul

vertico
18-11-2005, 02:13 PM
welcome to the site with some great fish
hope to see some more good reports from your boat
see you out on the water.........maybe

620sf
18-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Good catch Frank, theres plenty of us who fish wide of Mooloolaba from the site. May see you out there some time. Nice boat as well.

Luke

SeaSaw
18-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome Frank ..... great report and some nice fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Hope to catch you out there some time.

Cheers,

Mark

Scalem
19-11-2005, 03:51 AM
What a good report from someone who seems to know what he's doing when it comes to fishing lures out wide. ;D Welcome to the site FrankO, its about time you joined up so we can all enjoy those mouth watering photos you have of the good trips out.

Scalem

Frank_Oostenbroek
20-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi Big_Ren,

We fished all around the southern tip of Barwon Banks.

You are right. We were using jigs from 200 - 400grams. I am getting a bit old now and can't keep up with young Ben (Pictured) or with Scalem, but I manage to keep them all honest.

We went out again Yesterday so stay tuned for a few more pictures.

Thanks for the replies guys.

outsiderskip
20-11-2005, 10:56 AM
hi frank
welcome to the site
nice fish afew of us fishwide there
hope to catch up one day
good to see a women on board catching fish

cheers pete