PDA

View Full Version : mud 20th first sp session

krazed1
20-11-2005, 04:26 PM
hit mud at 5.30ish this morning for my debut sp session. not many boats around or fish for that matter. easily the worst mud trip we've ever had just nothin biting or maybe all the trawling thats been goin on over the past few weeks or both. however after a slow start things picked up around 6.30ish the skip got 4 smallish squire 25-35 cm on squid and i was thinkin of throwing the towel in on the sp's and just baiting up. but i kept at it and within 10 mins landed 2 squire 35-40 cm. nothing big but was just happy to open up my sp account on my first trip. things got quiet again and we were home by 10.00 for some bacon and eggs.

no pics as not worth photoing

cheers , krazed

Scott15
20-11-2005, 04:43 PM
coupla nice fish ya got, well done

lukesnapper
20-11-2005, 04:45 PM
o well u get days like that hey! wel jus blame those trawlers hey, dont they jus p*ss u off! at least u got out there today mate! would have been a nice mornin on the water fish or no fish!

krazed1
20-11-2005, 04:48 PM
yeh the weather was immaculate the bay was flat like the river. woulda turned it in to a moreton trip but didnt take the spare fuel was still a good day though

lukesnapper
20-11-2005, 04:58 PM
spewin mate, that would of hurt turnin ure back on moreton, especially being so close :'( b sure to fill up next time!!

aquarius
20-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Mate you got the account open so next time i hope your balance stays healthy......keep the SP's going because you will have better days.
Cheers Brent ;)

Scalem
20-11-2005, 10:11 PM
You did really well to catch fish over the weekend, I am hoping things improve soon for all of us. Keep at the SP's, you may not have caught as many as with bait, but the quality always seems better. There's another colour that fires up occasionally, and come to think of it, last summer it went really well. I will let you know. ;)

Scalem

grunta_75
21-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Good to see we weren't the only ones struggling for a feed at Mud yesterday morning - we fished the nth and nth east sides for with SPs and baits and could onyl manage to get rubbish up over the side. My young fella however did land a nice grassy (his PB) on really light gear which put a smile on his dial and had his chest pumped out for the reast of the day.

Wasn't that great but sure beat the p*ss out of being dragged along xmas shopping!!

g.

krazed1
21-11-2005, 06:59 PM
yeah didnt seem like any1 was catching much we were at the nw tip the boat next to us got a few keepers but that was it

vertico
21-11-2005, 07:50 PM
get some zoom plastics and you are bound to improve
4" babybass super fluke jnr's
run the smallest jighead you can get away with and the lightest gear
hopefully you wont be busted up too many times :)

vertico
21-11-2005, 07:50 PM
get some zoom plastics and you are bound to improve
4" babybass super fluke jnr's
run the smallest jighead you can get away with and the lightest gear
hopefully you wont be busted up too many times :)