PDA

View Full Version : Strange lookin Whiting

Volvo
21-11-2005, 11:50 AM
These fella's normal to be picked up whilst on the Pick??. Three in a matter of two hours whilst floating Pilles for a Spaniard or two or three :)..
called by for a bit of a chat and put on a tremendouse show at the same time.
Must admit not one for puttin round the ocean chasing them as a rule but after doing battle with three of em in near one go i can now imagine why some may want to specifically chase em..
On a finishing note..too nice a fish to be taken out of the brine :).

Volvo
21-11-2005, 11:55 AM
same one diff pic ;).

Argle
21-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Dontcha just hate that :o Target one thing and only catch "other" species.
What a magnificent fish, very nice work

Why-ting
21-11-2005, 12:04 PM
great fish mate, that thing musta had some pullihg power. Were the other ones as big?

finding_time
21-11-2005, 12:11 PM
These fella's normal to be picked up whilst on the Pick??. Three in a matter of two hours whilst floating Pilles for a Spaniard or two or three :)..
called by for a bit of a chat and put on a tremendouse show at the same time.
Must admit not one for puttin round the ocean chasing them as a rule but after doing battle with three of em in near one go i can now imagine why some may want to specifically chase em..
On a finishing note..too nice a fish to be taken out of the brine :).

Funny thing that Volvo!! The brother and i hooked into a few sails a couple of weeks ago off Noosa doing exactally the same thing. We were anchored up floating livies out the back under ballons chasing spanish whilst burleying up a storm.. I wounder if it might not be a good way to target them!!!! ;)Sorry Jeffo,Smithy,Bugman,Magic Pudding,Macmauler and all other billfishers out there i know it's BLASPHEMY!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ian

Ps. Didn't get any Spanish!! >:( >:(

liltuffy
21-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Amazing what turns up in the Nerang river these days

Frank_Oostenbroek
21-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Volvo,

Any hints as to the general area.

We have never caught one but hope to target them around the Moolooaba area.

FrankOO

bugman
21-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Bloody hell Pete,

I've been busting my arse this year trying to catch sails and you hook up multiple on floating pillies.

The world has gone made I tells you.

Cratch catch mate. So you're buying all the pelagic chasing gear now?

Brett

jeffo
21-11-2005, 03:42 PM
mooloolaba?

Hookem_Herby
21-11-2005, 03:59 PM
My guess would be Gladstone and surrounds ... I don't think Pete travels very far to catch his whiting!!! lmao :D ;D :P
Great catch mate ... beautiful fish aren't they! :o

Well done,
Herby

Scott15
21-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Awsome fish!!! well done

beatsworkin
21-11-2005, 04:21 PM
unreal fish gota be happy with that 4all2nv

Bonesy
21-11-2005, 04:25 PM
good fish :) I hoop I'll catch a sail fish soon [smiley=disappointed.gif]
Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Volvo
21-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Why-ting,
Pulling power far as i'm concerned was unreal :).Line would be straight ahead of ya one minute and the fish would be jumping at two ta three o'clock. Fast little suckers they are..
Think the last one mighta been a tad bigger as we had quite a dissagreement before we called the relationship off. Anyhow glad it ended up thataway as they seem to drown so easy..

Finding_time
Yep, two n a halfe Spanairds mate :)..Few local sharks that come n pay a visit each time we visit the spot come around for a nuicence visit without even so much as an introduction.

Frankoo
North mate :),First lot ever hooked into so would be fibbing if i was to try give you any advice ey.Bout the only thing #i can say is to have a BIG Spool of line on whatever reel your using and 30lb upwrds in line if on the pick :).

Brett :)
My faithfull 9000 Abu and my twenty eight year old #remodified ugly stick handled it okay so will stick with both for a tad longer yet lol.
Do try drop by next time your up this way ey..Good to catch up.

Herby
Like i said mate they are an absolutely beutifull Fish and one i wouldnt target on purpose because of it..

At the end of the day we ended up with a good feed of Mule Lipper, two n a halfe Spanairds, two Black Kings and if we didnt get twenty red Emperor then we caught 120 of the feckers but all undersized either bu halfe a centimiter to 35 centimeters #:'(, Plurry 10/0 gamakatsu octopus hooks were bigger then some of the fish and they were still getting hooked up on em :o...
But!! next time, sure they will be around but a tad bigger.
Okay cheers fellas and thanks for the kind words

Volvo
21-11-2005, 09:48 PM
:oOpps sorry bout that but it was threee n a halfe mackeral :-[..

Punkin
22-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Top mornin on the water, Volvo! :o ;D

A good feed, good stretch and a nice view...don't get any better ;)