PDA

View Full Version : Slow morning at Mud 20/11

grunta_75
21-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Fished the nth and nth-east sides of mud with baits and sp's for a few hours sunday morning (fantastic alternative to us being dragged anlong xmas shopping) with no real success - only boating rubbish for the morning.

The young fella however did manage a PB on really light gear which has him still smilin' now - #a small but legal grassy. #He proceeded to show everyone he struck after we got back and enjoyed the fillets crumbed on the BBQ for tea.

Bugger-all fish for us but made the day worthwhile & kept him keen for another trip..

grunta.

Argle
21-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a successful trip to me, great to see kids fishing I reckon, well done young fella!

Any_Weather
21-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Mate good to see you gettin out. Sounds like Lachie was rapt. Anythings gotta be better than bloody shoppin. Would have been good weather I imagine. The old man got some BIG snapper this morning just in front of Noosa headland. Same old, should have been there today not tomorow. Mate will catch you for a beer shortly and yes I will be at your party.
See ya mate
Lee

Cheech
21-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Good to hear that I was not the only dad to be out fished on Sunday. Took my 8yo for a fish in the Pine. Was really really slow, but he did get the only keeper. And did he let me forget it? On the way he was heard to say, "who's da MAN".

grunta_75
22-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Good Stuff Cheech - It's all about keepin' them keen and making sure there's another generation of silly buggers like us willing to pour $$$ into boats and fuel & bait - sound like our young blokes starred for the day...

Lee - Weather was great, though I'd say there would have been a few good lumps in it by mid-PM - still keen to get out from Noosa while your old man's up there, maybe one day next week?