PDA

View Full Version : TOORBUL TREVALLY

shut_up_and_fish
31-10-2005, 10:15 AM
ducked down to a local haunt at toorbul to throw a couple of sp's for only the second time while the missus was chrissy shopping........fifth cast naile a fish which at first i thought was a flattie cause thats about all i was expecting down there........then its running a little different and i see this flash of silver some way out.........big bream i am thinking then as it gets closer i realise that it is a GT(2kg). couldnt believe and am now really starting to get anxious on the 6lb mono. But i got him in and was delighted with the success of the plastics once again. wont ever go back..........and just as i was turning to talk to a mate that had come down to see me a huge splash occured behind me........as i was crapping myself whilst turning to see what it was (thinking shark) i saw this mammoth trevally about 3 times the size of mine smash some bait that had congregated where i had been standing in about a foot of water.......couldnt get the sp back out quick enough but no more hook ups...........until next time

tackle hard
les
(sorry no pic again - gotta get me a digi cam)

Girella
31-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Nice work Les, think I'll take a look up that way myself.

Once you get a digi-cam you'll wonder how you did without.

PK

Benno
31-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Excellent stuff mate..

cuzzamundi
31-10-2005, 02:14 PM
great stuff mate! woulda been bloody exciting seeing all that! what were you using? where in toorbul? what time of day/tide? so many questions, sorry mate lol.

cheers,

cuzza

shut_up_and_fish
31-10-2005, 02:53 PM
great stuff mate! woulda been bloody exciting seeing all that! what were you using? where in toorbul? what time of day/tide? so many questions, sorry mate lol.

cheers,

cuzza

using some sort of fish looking sp (mackeral i think) forget the brand (black packet). toorbul beach...........spot z..........230arvo last of the run out

spaniard
31-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Good work Les [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You will have to get back down there to catch that big bugger. Should be a good fight on 6lb.

jackash
31-10-2005, 03:59 PM
What sort of retreive were you using champ.. Thats a great fish and how ahrd do those trevs go on the light gear.
Cheers

dfox
31-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Les- your on a roll, whats next? ;D ...foxy

NeMo84
31-10-2005, 09:47 PM
sounds awesome les, i love catchin trevally on light gear, shame u couldnt get a pic of him though, anyway keep em comin mate ;) Carlos.

Jacksta
22-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Could you please tell me the spot ?!?! I live at toorbul and have never caught a treva lol i am very eager ;D PM me

shut_up_and_fish
23-11-2005, 07:46 AM
foxy - yeah mate ...........sorry about the late reply..........its like i have just learnt how to walk.......using sp's is awesome.............must be spending too much time fishing cause the touch team is on the bottom thanks very much...........have a couple of free weekends coming up dave so we might have to organise something about those tyres........

other guy (sorry mate forgot yr name) - down at toorbul there is the boat ramp and to the left and right there is about 1-2km of mud flats and sand flats - somewhere there...............lol..............sorry mate..........its a spot where the bait always schools up.......

carlos - yeah mate wish i had a pic too but rest assured i find no need to b................t on here..........if its caught then its caught.....am hoping to get a digi cam for xmas so we will see what santi brings.....