PDA

View Full Version : H/Bay Fishing report for 16/11

land-lubber
17-11-2005, 12:02 PM
ONGOING REPORT

16/11
hey guys
Finally got to go for a fish, after finishing my exams and driving to Maryborough. Wasnt too concerned about the strong wind warning, cause i was desperate. Didnt end up getting to the jetty til around 830. While at the jetty i saw one big bustoff, a failed hook up and 1 nice Broadbar Mackie caught. I got there to late to do ny good myself. At around 12, with the wind driving me insane, i pulled the pin and headed to the marina to flick some Sps. Got down in behind the wall to get out of the wind and managed 1 pike, 1 small estuary cod and a 27cm flounder. Was using 2 1/2 in atomic paddletails in green gord.
Anyway, for all those going to the m&g next week, its looking pretty good, with goldens, GTs, spotty, schoolie and broadbar mackies being caught nearly every day
See u all there

17/11
Saw the good whiting that were getting caught off the pier yesterday, so headed out at dusk to try my hand at catching the little suckers. using worms and yabbies, Got 6, smallest 24, largest 30cm plus one 35cm flatty that went back to grow up a bit.
cheers
(10 days to go [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif])

land-lubber
20-11-2005, 11:22 AM
20/11

went out at 2 this morning to try and get onto the mackies and tuna off the pier. was 2nd person there at 3.30am, but it soon became very crowded very quickly after the sun got up. thankfully everyone kept there cool today, so there was no threats of people being thrown off the pier (tends to be the norm) :-/.
my personal tally was 1 biteoff by a mackie (zzzzzziiiinnnnggggg - pop !@$%%#^&) no mackies were caught today, all biteoffs but there were around a dozen mack tuna caught, 1 queenie and a variety of smaller bits and pieces. 4 barra were seen at the start of the 2nd channel where they were attacking the schooled up baitfish.

went to flick some sps at the north wall of the marina, hooked a small GT theat gave a good account of itself first cast. lost my tail and as i was getting a new one, my whole bag of favourite sps got blown away :'( and i cant find anyone that stocks them in the bay, or anywhere else for that matter. other than 1 store in maroochydore that i dont like using. (BTW: atomic paddletails in green gord) it all went downhill from there, with not a touch on any of my other tails, snapbacks, burkleys etc
still a good day out and i will get one fish soon.
see u all at the m&g (7 days to go [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif])
hope this is keeping u all notified of my failings :-[ ::)
cheers

warrior
20-11-2005, 02:03 PM
you guys are making it easy to make my decision to move up to hervey bay ,i think i will have the best of both worlds with the fresh and salt water activity.

land-lubber
23-11-2005, 11:13 AM
22/11

Went down the bay for the Squdgie night and met up with Big unit for a quick flick at the pier. pretty quiet, with only a largish pike pulled for the evening. saw bonito working in the 1st channel and some big boils under the big schools of herring that are getting around at the moment. After the squidgy night, i headed down to the marina to flick sps under the lights. there was some surface activity, mainly prawns being worked by schools of bream and small trevally. Caught 1 squid on my Atomic Paddletail in Pumkinseed, before i changed over to a 3in berkley powerbait in pearlescent watermellon. started to use the techniques i had learnt from the night by dropping down to a light jighead and slowly floating the plastic down through the water collum before giving it some quick flicks and then repeating all over again. i got some good hits and eventually snared a nice 25cm bream. that was about it for the night other thatn some missed strikes (all breambos).
cheers
(4 days to go!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] )

westie
24-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the report sounds like this weekend may be ok in James talks to the weather gods again to keep them on track Shanej and myself should hit the bay around 12-1pm Sat meet up with Dasher & Tony-M to work out our plan of attack quick shop and look around and that is as far as we have got looking forward to getting into some GT's and having some fun fishin and learning all the Bay tricks of the trade.

Good if you could keep the reports coming to inspire other that it could be worth making the trip

Westie