PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Bay Jetty report

Lucky_Phill
22-11-2005, 10:25 PM
For those who do not know, Kingfisher Bay Jetty is the gateway to the Resort, situated on Fraser Island. This jetty is renowed for great fishing.

At the moment, it is teamimg with 3 different sized baitfish ( hardy heads ) and all manner of big fish are chewing on them.

The best lures at the moment for the macks are small slugs or soft plastics or surf candies, ( for the fly guys ).

Over the last week, there have been Queenfish, Spanish Mackerel, Tuna, Jew, Cod and Trevally being donged there. The Mack tuna are also prolific down this end of Hervey Bay. Even saw huge Bat fish swimming under the jetty today.

Saw this today, and couldn't help myself. I think they should have tried a bait jig, but ! I do believe they were going to wait until low tide to retrieve what's left of the net.

Cheers ( Fraser ) Phill

Lucky_Phill
22-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Paul and his mates, owned up to doing this !

::)

chemmy
22-11-2005, 11:01 PM
lol how could you not see the rocks ;D ;D ;D

land_based
23-11-2005, 12:42 AM
now i could understand if it was merky water but thats crystal clear!!!!! :-?

NeMo84
24-11-2005, 08:02 PM
bloody hell, i hate it when my net gets stuck on rocks but thats just plain stupid ;D that jetty is an awesome fishing spot, wish i was there :'(

longtail
24-11-2005, 08:39 PM
good fishing off that jetty , been spooled there a couple times :o

Fishin_Dan
24-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Can you climb down onto the rocks from the jetty and cast out past them? It looks like the rocks finish just past that...?

Might have to take the cruiser for a run up there sometime soon... Certainly looks nice! :D