PDA

View Full Version : Rain, what rain???? Moreton 25/11

Vic1
25-11-2005, 06:29 PM
After a mornings drenching on the Redlands, we left Cleveland around midday to chase the pelagics around the southern bay, after I was convinced by my deckie that the rain has eased up........hmmm........

Fished for 1 1/2 hours for several undersize mackeral and 1 x 6kg longtail (again caught by the deckie) which made the trip worthwhile. LT was caught on a halco twistie 30g. Fair few schools of LT and mac tuna around, but the weather (heavy rain) got steadily worse so we called it a day around 1.30pm, and headed back soaked through to be greeted by the first rays of sunlight for the day as we pulled the boat up in Cleveland........always the way!!

Cheers and tight lines

John G

Darryl
25-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Same as my trip yesterday john, had the storm covers on one minute then off again. But the schools of lt's are definately there in big numbers.

Good onya.

Vic1
25-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Storm covers....LUXURY!!!!!! No seriously that would be great...we just had a dodgy old bimini that gets in the way if you want to make a decent cast....so it was down most of the time. I agree, there are a few schools around at the moment, and trhey aren't too spooked yet either (may be a different story after the weekend though ;D

fritzy
25-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Vic1,
How good are the old halco twisties. I used one for the first time in about 10 years the other week and pinned my best trevally on it. I love the way they stir up the water. Do you know if you can get them in sizes larger than 70gram (biggest one i had) as i recon they fish even better than the big raiders.
Cheers Fritzy

Vic1
25-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Sorry Fritsy

Ive only seen em up to 50 gram myself. Great alround lure if nothing else is working

Fishin_Dan
26-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Good work John! At least they weren't just all bitten off this time!!! ;D

How did the "Big Bertha" rod go? LOL

Vic1
26-11-2005, 07:53 AM
It didn't get a cast all day :'( I spent most of my time putting the bimini up and down. Had the trout rod with SP ready if we got real close to them though.......be fun to hook up on a LT on that gear!!!!

flickflack
26-11-2005, 12:28 PM
At least you got out on the water John and the deckie managed one , still a good day definately better than work.