PDA

View Full Version : WELLO SHALLOWS TUES MORN

youngfisho
30-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Well, had planned to head out on my own to fish the wello reef. Got home after a late shift at 1130 checked the weather report 5 10 sw early with 10 - 15 later in the morning and logged on to ausfish. had five pms. one from jay - fishin mission sayin he was keen to go out. rang jay at 1200am he was still up plotting gps points into his plotter from his old hand held. We arranged to meet 0330 at the manly ramp. Once launched we made a b line for wello with a little bit of chop on the water. Set up a drift just west of the hanlon light after seeing some likely schools on the sounder. No hits so we headed south east of the reef and drifted from 5m to 2m. After two or so drifts jay pulled a 39cm squire with a 4" fork tail in green soft plastic. We got a few touches but nothing converting into fish. by the third drift the 5 -10 sw was now a 15 to 20 south east with half to 1m of chop. We decided to travel to green but the chop only got worse, then I figured we could get out of the wind on the western side of green which was no better too much drift to be able to fish. headed back to wello and decided to anchor up and burley, but the tide and wind werent playing the game. decided to bail after that and made it back to the ramp by 8am. The trip was marred also by my stupid oil reservior beeping loudly every time I went over a bigger bit of chop (not mounted into the floor solidly enough ToO much side to side motion) real pain in the A@#s. oh well maybe a better trip next time. and maybe BOM will get it half right.

andrew

youngfisho

youngfisho
30-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh yeah and I snapped my 3-5kg berkley drop shot spin stick in half on what felt like a sting ray :'(, drag was no where near locked up and I wasnt high stickin it. >:( >:( >:(

not happy jan

Toppy
30-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a shit of a day!
Sorry to hear about you're rod, hope they replace it for free.
Cheers
Toppy

youngfisho
30-11-2005, 11:43 PM
well If I make enough noise they will :P

andrew

beefaman
01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Bad luck with the weather....have found the fish creep up into the shallows with the choppier weather!! Just gotta grit your teeth and go for it ;D

Murph77
13-04-2007, 09:06 AM
not the best day there mate

richieboy
13-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Had your head in the archives lately Murph77? ;)

Rich

frankgrimes
13-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Had your head in the archives lately Murph77? ;)

Rich

Haha!! I thought the dates had screwed up somehow initially... ;D