PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater Breamin

JT
04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Went out for a bit of a pre-fish for the up coming Xmas Bream Classics with a mate today, put in at the Sundale ramp around 6.30am and started by hitting the moored boats just North of the ramp. Water was really moving and after all the rain was very dirty, only managed one small undersized bream here. Moved up stream and hit the area around TSS, started fishing the pontoons, put in a cast under one and got hammered, lucky for me whatever it was headed for the middle of the channel so we chased it with the electric. 10 minutes later a nice 61cm Big Eye Trevally was in the boat ;D ;D. Lucky to boat it considering it was caught was on bream gear (6lb Fireline and 6lb Nitlon leader). A couple of pics and released.

Not much more happening around TSS so we headed to the Seaway to find some clean water. Nothing doing at the Seaway (except a shite load of boat wash) so we headed up a set of canals with clean water and between us we boated around 15 bream in 2 hours with 5 going legal, which gave us a bag of 2.3kg. Nothing to write home about with regard to size, but nice to find fish somewhere we hadn't fished before. I think we'll be back during the Classic.

Cheers

John

61cm Big Eye.

jackash
04-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Thats a bloody nice big eye!! Well done! And the bream dont sound bad at all either... good little sesh!
Cheers
Jackash

Jacksta
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Sh!t, mate that Trev on 6lb must have been awsome great work and good stuff on the bream to

:D

cuzzamundi
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
fantastic trevor mate! well done.

cuzza

a
04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
JT, ur at it again, nice trevor mate good too see the boss still letting u out :)

JT
05-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Cheers Guys, it was great fun on the light stuff, at the first hit I called it for "Jack" (hoping), but after it ran the wrong way (away from the structure) and didn't stop for about 50 metres changed it to trevally. Fish was caught on a 3gr Squidgy Jig head with a 3" Berkely Fry in Japan Green colour.

Armoz, boss lady works on Sundays, that be fishing day. When are you coming down again, we will have to get together with Marty and chase some fishies. :) :)

John